Final Fantasy 7 - 60s Black & White World

DJ_ReFluX

My newest remix of Final Fantasy 7!

Final Fantasy 7 - 60s Black & White World

As Escariot said I added my own touch and I hope you like it this time!

For each music I put a different drum loop...

I used "Cid's Theme", "It's Difficult to Stand On Both Feet Isn't It?", "You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet" and "The Judgement Day".

See for yourselves ^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/27244282/Final_Fantasy_7_-_60s_Black___White_World.mp3.html

I changed the sounds and uploaded the new one... Oh and I made a different ending =)

Ready for your evaluation ^^

Sibelius won't give you results that are anywhere near remix-worthy. Even if you use the best instrumental plugins they have, you'll still have to do a lot to get quality results out of it, and as far as I know, Sibelius doesn't support that kind of editing. The most you could do with it is write and arrange your piece, export the MIDI information, and import into a DAW like FL Studio.

I can't seem to download the song right now, so I can't make any suggestions on how to improve it.

But I only use Sibelius for composing my stuff... And to make arrangements and stuff like that...

I'm kinda new to FL but I think practice makes perfect... I think if I practice a little more I can do it...

I accept all kinds of opinions ^^

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some tips on remixing! Things like the VST's and stuff like that... I don't understand those things =X

I tried again and got it to download. I don't know why I couldn't before.

Bear in mind that I haven't tried to remix in any kind of electronic style yet, so I may be off-base here. I think the arrangement itself is pretty good although you generally don't have much harmony; most of the piece, if not all, is melody in one voice with effects as opposed to harmony. What will probably guarantee rejection is the choice of sounds. Someone else will hopefully be more specific about how you can improve them, but all I can really think to say is that they're pretty low-quality.

I think the arrangement itself is pretty good

Maybe the rearrangement (I wouldn't know), but the arrangement itself leaves a lot to be desired. There's no buildup, no climax, no real ending...I had this on loop for ten minutes before I realized that none of those things were ever coming and that it had been looping continuously. It's just background music at this point, reflux. Stylistically, there's nothing that stands out and commands the listener's attention. There are several different sections with the same intensity (virtually none), so if I were you I'd listen to some of the music that's been posted and try to pick up on how the different sections vary to keep things interesting, then attempt to replicate it.

the low-quality sounds are supposed to be there... That's why I called it 60s Black & White World to suggest that you're in the 60s ^^

I could write an incoherent vocal piece that makes people's ears bleed and call it "drunk in an alley", but there's no way I'd be able to get away with it. Either that's a lame excuse or a gimmick at the expense of quality. Either way, you're going to need some better-quality sounds. Theme is no substitute for sound quality.

I could write an incoherent vocal piece that makes people's ears bleed and call it "drunk in an alley", but there's no way I'd be able to get away with it. Either that's a lame excuse or a gimmick at the expense of quality. Either way, you're going to need some better-quality sounds. Theme is no substitute for sound quality.

At least in terms of getting a mix accepted to this site. If you want to use low-quality sounds for your own purposes and you're happy with what you've done, by all means go for it. OCRemix doesn't claim to be the definitive authority on game music remixing, simply one site with certain requirements. Pushing the boundaries in different areas (including, as I learned, the length of solos that don't directly quote the source material in a jazz piece) doesn't make you any less musical, it just makes you not fit OCR's standards.