Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

The Damned

Can someone explain exactly what the ability "Technician" does? Apparently "the power of the Pokemon's weaker moves are increased", but what exactly is considered a "weaker move", and how much does it increase it by?

IIRC, it's something along the lines of any move with a base power of 60 or under gets boosted by ... 1.5, I think it was?

Technician - It seems that it has indeed been confirmed that Technician raises the power of moves at basepower 60 and below (inclusive) by 1.5. It also seems to work before the STAB is factored in. It DOES boost Hidden Power.

10 characters

Edit: That's what that long pause before my post appeared was. You were taking up all the bandwidth or something. Fucker.

Finally got around to finishing the ELite Four on Diamond and loaded up LeafGreen and went onto Pal Park and caught myself a Deoxys, Mewtwo and my trusty Bulbasaur. Working on trying to find my damn Ruby and get my Regice, Regirock and Registeel.

PS: Magmotar is an evil evil bitch.

Finally got around to finishing the ELite Four on Diamond and loaded up LeafGreen and went onto Pal Park and caught myself a Deoxys, Mewtwo and my trusty Bulbasaur. Working on trying to find my damn Ruby and get my Regice, Regirock and Registeel.

PS: Magmotar is an evil evil bitch.

I'm probably going to get fire or leaft, myself. They're only $20, after all, so why not?

I'm probably going to get fire or leaft, myself. They're only $20, after all, so why not?

It's good for a couple reasons, one being that you can catch what you own on the GBA games, the other puts in other pokemon in the game as you go about the normal scenery (Like Elekid in Vally Windworks when Fire is in).

Besides, replaying the set that started it all with fun new graphics and features ain't too bad either.

Besides, replaying the set that started it all with fun new graphics and features ain't too bad either.

I got LeafGreen sometime last December. My biggest disappointment is that they didn't just open up the Johto region at the end of the main game. They could have done it in the same vein that Gold/Silver did, where there wasn't much story to speak of, but you could run through and beat all the Gyms and get a second set of Badges. That would have also made it more natural to catch all the Johto region Pokemon as well, not to mention it would have been so much more interesting than the whole Islands deal anyway.

I got LeafGreen sometime last December. My biggest disappointment is that they didn't just open up the Johto region at the end of the main game. They could have done it in the same vein that Gold/Silver did, where there wasn't much story to speak of, but you could run through and beat all the Gyms and get a second set of Badges. That would have also made it more natural to catch all the Johto region Pokemon as well, not to mention it would have been so much more interesting than the whole Islands deal anyway.

I can agree with that. It would have great. Seeing how Kanto has been included in EVERY FUCKING GENERATION before, it would have been fine to just through in the other region for free.

Those islands were boring and flat.

Yeah, but you can do a few little things like catch the G/S/C legendaries after you beat the Elite 4 depending on what starter you chose, which is a pretty cool little thing... but yeah, I would have loved to see the other region too.

Speaking of legendaries, I'm probably going to get an Action Replay soon to get the event legendaries... I'd wait for an event , but there would probably never be any events around where I live.

Speaking of legendaries, I'm probably going to get an Action Replay soon to get the event legendaries... I'd wait for an event , but there would probably never be any events around where I live.

The only Legendaries I am currently missing are Celebi and Lugia.

And the special event DP ones.

I'm not saying anything, but I'm not not saying anything.

Hint hint.

The only Legendaries I am currently missing are Celebi and Lugia.

And the special event DP ones.

I'm not saying anything, but I'm not not saying anything.

Hint hint.

Now, what exactly are you hinting at here? Haha.

Are you possibly suggesting I trade pokemon to you that I would have to cheat -no- hack to obtain? Lol.

Once I get the device, I'll see what I can do. I actually found a cool code that gives you 493 masterballs and makes you able to catch any pokemon that you want to depending on the amount of masterballs you have in you inventory. For example 493 masterballs in your inventory would make the 493'd pokemon appear in the wild, and so on.

I know, it's cheating... but if it is the only way I can obtain certain pokemon...

Fuckin' event pokemon. :/ They remind me of those damn Mario items in Animal Crossing WW. I ended up getting the whole set + Pikmin + Blue Falcon from someone who hacked with an Action Replay.

Regarding the event pokemon, I'd like to get the items that make them accessible, even if they're hacked, so I can catch them legitimately.

Ugh. Breeding to get the exact natures I want is tedious.

By the way, as far as breeding/raising Pokemon, as I understand it, I need to pay attention to the Nature, so that it boosts a stat I want and hinders a stat I don't care about. Also, battling certain Pokemon give you Effort Values which boost certain stats to a degree. Is there anything else I need to pay attention to? Also, once I get those EVs maxed out, does it matter how I level up the Pokemon? (Such as by trading and getting boosted EXP, or using Rare Candies?)

Ugh. Breeding to get the exact natures I want is tedious.

Are you using Everstones? They increase the chance of the nature of the parent pokemon holding it being transferred to the offspring.

By the way, as far as breeding/raising Pokemon, as I understand it, I need to pay attention to the Nature, so that it boosts a stat I want and hinders a stat I don't care about. Also, battling certain Pokemon give you Effort Values which boost certain stats to a degree. Is there anything else I need to pay attention to? Also, once I get those EVs maxed out, does it matter how I level up the Pokemon? (Such as by trading and getting boosted EXP, or using Rare Candies?)

You pretty much have the how Effort Value thing down. Use the items like Macho Brace and the new versions of it to help speed that up.

As for leveling up after maxing out your EVs, nothing you do at that point is wrong. Rare Candies, Daycare, or fighting won't do anything to your stats anymore.

I think you can't redo your EVs once you hit level 100, but by then, you should have figured out what you were doing with that pokemon.

Are you using Everstones? They increase the chance of the nature of the parent pokemon holding it being transferred to the offspring.

Ah. So what I really need is any female Pokemon of the type I want, and then a male that can breed with it that has the nature I want. Give the male the Everstone, and I'll increase my odds. That about right?

Fuckin' event pokemon. :/ They remind me of those damn Mario items in Animal Crossing WW. I ended up getting the whole set + Pikmin + Blue Falcon from someone who hacked with an Action Replay.

Regarding the event pokemon, I'd like to get the items that make them accessible, even if they're hacked, so I can catch them legitimately.

I'd trade you the items, but they are key items and therefore are untrade-able.

I got those pokemon last night. Pretty cool stuff. I only have about 4 plates for Arceus though, so I need to track down the rest.

I'd trade you the items, but they are key items and therefore are untrade-able.

I got those pokemon last night. Pretty cool stuff. I only have about 4 plates for Arceus though, so I need to track down the rest.

Those plates are fucking everywhere. You find them on the ground on most routes, and you can dig up a small fortune of them in the Underground.

Any of you have a female Chimchar? I've bred twenty of them already, and they've all been male thus far, despite the 1/8 probability.

Math must hate me... there's not even a 10% chance of that happening, but guess what. It did. :(

Anyway, I'd be glad to make some sort of trade. I have access to LeafGreen/FireRed if anyone needs any of the first 150. IM me at CornerianGuard.

Math must hate me... there's not even a 10% chance of that happening, but guess what. It did. :(

I promise you, a lot of the probabilities listed for some of the game mechanics aren't always true to experience. I know I saw about 20 male Combees before I finally got a female one......I know Everstones can help you get a nature you want through breeding (provided the holder has that nature), but I dont know if any such thing exists for gender.

I promise you, a lot of the probabilities listed for some of the game mechanics aren't always true to experience. I know I saw about 20 male Combees before I finally got a female one......I know Everstones can help you get a nature you want through breeding (provided the holder has that nature), but I dont know if any such thing exists for gender.

Well, one finally popped up, eventually.

Now, I'm about at the point where I'm going to start EV training the team I want to compete with. 'Don't suppose anyone wants to share the Pokérus with me?

You guys have to understand that when they say there's a 12.5% chance of a female, they doesn't mean that you will get one 12.5% of the time.

For each time you try for a female, you have only 1 12.5% chance. And the next time, you still only have a 12.5% chance. Carry this on for two hundred times, and you still might only get one or two females.

And the game mechanics are true and accurate. It's just that since there's a lot of stuff going on at any one time. In fact, I was reading a thread on Smogon.com where someone had detailed the random number generation system. It was a little too mathy for me, but it was still an interesting read. I'll have to look it up for a link, and then you can see what I mean.