Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

The Damned

I have to say AR is a total waste. I despise the little kids I fight on Battle revolution who think that just because they can hack some legendaries into their lineup, they're awesome... I still roll half of 'em anyway. Gets on my nerves.

AR and Gameshark and whatever else totally ruin the spirit of the game... train your own freaking team ppl!

Also "The Rise of Darkrai" is not a good title. The Japanese at least will say what it is: Palkia vs. Dialga vs. Darkrai.

At some point I stopped even bothering with American anime...except for Cowboy Bebop, since the english version is better.

It's such a pain finding decent subs though.

Annnnd darkrai annoyed me in that movie, it's it's pokemon design though, not the character itself.

Youza... Yeah.

Anyhow, who here has used a Garchomp?

I think Drack had one trained, but I've never seen it. I wish they would stop adding moderately ugly dragons to the game, Garchomp looks ok, but I dunno. (And salamence is just...weird looking, he'd be cool is he wasn't built like an apatosaurus from the 1800's)

Garchomp can pretty much outspeed all the high power dragons I believe. Flygon and Salamence are the same max speed (as one another but slower than garchomp), and dragonite is slower than all of them).

That said none of them are pokemon to sneeze at.

You know, we should make this the "Pokémon in general" topic. Just saying. (:

I raised a Garchomp for a Dragon team over at Remod, but it hasn't seen much light.

I only use action replay to train for EV stuff. I don't actually bring my team in for a real competitive match; that would be...cheating...

Or you could train legitimately and harass Graveler on Iron Island for two hours like the rest of us.

Why EV train if you're not going to battle them???

Also... EV training doesn't have to take a long time. Just get the bracers from the Battle Tower, and you're pretty much set. They add 4 EVs of a specific type per battle, if the pokemon you're battling gives them naturally. Add in PokeRus, and you're looking at 10 EVs from a pokemon that would otherwise only give 1.

Coming by pokerus is difficult... but I have it, so once I get my router working again, anyone that wants it can PM me.

God, catching legendaries is a pain in the ass.

So I went to catch Regigigas because that's the only stationary legendary I hadn't caught yet, right? (I still need to find/catch Cresselia.) Well, first of all, Regigigas is a pain in the ass because you can't go in with your a-team, you have to transfer the Regis from Ruby or Sapphire and have them in your team, so you're three down. Anyway, the first time I get to him, I'm like "fuck, the Regis are in my Legendary box. D:!"

So an Escape Rope and fifteen minutes later, I'm back.

Anyway, save and battle. I get it down to minimal HP and paralyzed, and I just start hurling Ultra Balls. I've still got my Master, I just got in a habit of never using it once there was more than one major Legendary per game. Fifty-two Ultra Balls later, Regigigas uses Struggle, Regigigas took recoil damage, Regigigas fainted! D:

Reset. I go back in. I lead out with Roserade instead of Absol so I can go ahead and paralyze it faster. Roserade uses Stun Spore FOUR TIMES, misses each time. Regigigas by this time has landed a Stomp, and now uses Superpower, Roserade faints. So I send Absol out, land one Night Slash before Regigigas uses Superpower once again, and the super-effective move it is, Absol goes down. Go, Milotic! Milotic uses Surf a few times, and Regigigas is where I want it HP-wise, so I Recover and start hurling Ultra Balls. Well, four turns later, Regigigas crits on Superpower, takes out Milotic. Go, Regirock! Regirock stalls me a few turns while I Revive Roserade and Milotic. While Regirock is out, I learn that I have one Dusk Ball in my inventory, and since I'm in a cave, it'll be 4x effective compared to Ultra's 2x. Throw it: no dice.

Regirock finally succumbs to constant Stomping. So I send out Roserade again, this time Stun Spore lands first time I use it, but Regigigas manages to hit me once again with a critical Superpower. It's not very effective, but it's effective enough. So I send out Milotic again, throw several Ultra Balls to no avail, and by this time I'm getting restless with the battle, so I throw a regular Poké Ball just for the hell of it.

AND IT CATCHES REGIGIGAS.

I swear, what the hell.

Why EV train if you're not going to battle them???

Also... EV training doesn't have to take a long time. Just get the bracers from the Battle Tower, and you're pretty much set. They add 4 EVs of a specific type per battle, if the pokemon you're battling gives them naturally. Add in PokeRus, and you're looking at 10 EVs from a pokemon that would otherwise only give 1.

Coming by pokerus is difficult... but I have it, so once I get my router working again, anyone that wants it can PM me.

You're forgetting a few important details.

First, you can use Vitamins (you know, Carbos, Iron and the rest of those items) to get up to 100 EVs, so that's just quicker. Not necessarily cheaper, but once you've gone through the game, you've likely ended up with a pretty hefty amount of money.

Second, most pokémon give out more than one type of EV. Some give out 1 for Attack and 1 for Speed, for instance. Make sure you're battling the right ones. Unless you're using the Power items, then they will convert EVs over. Only a problem if you're using the Macho Brace.

Also, all the Power items and th Macho Brace half your speed, so when training, make sure that you aren't setting yourself up for a battle you can't win if your pokémon is supposed to be faster. It happens sometimes.

Anyone up for a new tournament? I've been tossing the idea around for a while, because there still obviously seems to be an interest in the field. Obviously, there won't be any Legendaries allowed, and I'll have to be a little more strict this time to make sure that we actually end up with a winner. But, still, anyone interested?

You're forgetting a few important details.

First, you can use Vitamins (you know, Carbos, Iron and the rest of those items) to get up to 100 EVs, so that's just quicker. Not necessarily cheaper, but once you've gone through the game, you've likely ended up with a pretty hefty amount of money.

Second, most pokémon give out more than one type of EV. Some give out 1 for Attack and 1 for Speed, for instance. Make sure you're battling the right ones. Unless you're using the Power items, then they will convert EVs over. Only a problem if you're using the Macho Brace.

Also, all the Power items and th Macho Brace half your speed, so when training, make sure that you aren't setting yourself up for a battle you can't win if your pokémon is supposed to be faster. It happens sometimes.

"Neglected to mention" would be more accurate, but yes, those are definitely great ways to quickly EV train. I'd recommend www.serebii.net for anyone who wants more info on the subject. Its a pretty reliable site for a lot of the lesser known details.

God, catching legendaries is a pain in the ass.

So I went to catch Regigigas because that's the only stationary legendary I hadn't caught yet, right? (I still need to find/catch Cresselia.) Well, first of all, Regigigas is a pain in the ass because you can't go in with your a-team, you have to transfer the Regis from Ruby or Sapphire and have them in your team, so you're three down. Anyway, the first time I get to him, I'm like "fuck, the Regis are in my Legendary box. D:!"

So an Escape Rope and fifteen minutes later, I'm back.

Anyway, save and battle. I get it down to minimal HP and paralyzed, and I just start hurling Ultra Balls. I've still got my Master, I just got in a habit of never using it once there was more than one major Legendary per game. Fifty-two Ultra Balls later, Regigigas uses Struggle, Regigigas took recoil damage, Regigigas fainted! D:

Reset. I go back in. I lead out with Roserade instead of Absol so I can go ahead and paralyze it faster. Roserade uses Stun Spore FOUR TIMES, misses each time. Regigigas by this time has landed a Stomp, and now uses Superpower, Roserade faints. So I send Absol out, land one Night Slash before Regigigas uses Superpower once again, and the super-effective move it is, Absol goes down. Go, Milotic! Milotic uses Surf a few times, and Regigigas is where I want it HP-wise, so I Recover and start hurling Ultra Balls. Well, four turns later, Regigigas crits on Superpower, takes out Milotic. Go, Regirock! Regirock stalls me a few turns while I Revive Roserade and Milotic. While Regirock is out, I learn that I have one Dusk Ball in my inventory, and since I'm in a cave, it'll be 4x effective compared to Ultra's 2x. Throw it: no dice.

Regirock finally succumbs to constant Stomping. So I send out Roserade again, this time Stun Spore lands first time I use it, but Regigigas manages to hit me once again with a critical Superpower. It's not very effective, but it's effective enough. So I send out Milotic again, throw several Ultra Balls to no avail, and by this time I'm getting restless with the battle, so I throw a regular Poké Ball just for the hell of it.

AND IT CATCHES REGIGIGAS.

I swear, what the hell.

Fight me again.