Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

The Damned

Cept the show cause it's totally gay.

The Movies aren't however.

That's weird. I also like the movies. I can't watch more than a few minutes of the show (if it's dubbed. Subbed I can usually sit through, but I'm not exactly going out of my way to watch subbed pokemon episodes). The movies, though, I can watch several times, subbed or dubbed, and I actually enjoy them.

Is it because they ditch the annoying formulaic plot of the show for a much better formulaic plot in the movies? Is it because of the far better music? I don't know why, but I'd much rather watch any one of the movies over the show, any day.

As for "which poke is best and why", that's entering a terrible place. Far too many times have I seen threads like that evolve (with use Flamewar Stone) into fanboyish fights over nothing. Avoid at all costs!

Also, anyone got that spare Black Sludge I asked about before? Anyone? I got extra TMs and stuff. Maybe you need some pokémon that missing from your version? Anyone? Anyone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luAeK0Tuu8

That's weird. I also like the movies. I can't watch more than a few minutes of the show (if it's dubbed. Subbed I can usually sit through, but I'm not exactly going out of my way to watch subbed pokemon episodes). The movies, though, I can watch several times, subbed or dubbed, and I actually enjoy them.

Is it because they ditch the annoying formulaic plot of the show for a much better formulaic plot in the movies? Is it because of the far better music? I don't know why, but I'd much rather watch any one of the movies over the show, any day.

As for "which poke is best and why", that's entering a terrible place. Far too many times have I seen threads like that evolve (with use Flamewar Stone) into fanboyish fights over nothing. Avoid at all costs!

Also, anyone got that spare Black Sludge I asked about before? Anyone? I got extra TMs and stuff. Maybe you need some pokémon that missing from your version? Anyone? Anyone?

Well Damned my good man, I have a black sludge. I'm not all that thrilled at the prospect of NOT having it anymore, is the problem.

I like getting stuff, though. I don't have any Roost or Will-o-wisp at the moment, and Stone Edge or X-scissor are always valuable. Pretty much any TM you get via the Battle Tower. On the pokemon end, I love getting things with egg moves so I can breed dudes for future battlan'.

I normally enjoy the pokemon movies well enough, though admittedly I haven't watched any after the Latias/Latios one. The Jirachi/Deoxys movies looked sooooo boring... The Lucario/Mew one looks good, though. Manaphy, don't care. And the latest two definitely look cool enough. TBH I just can't stand the dub voices most of the time.

Has anyone here got My Pokemon Ranch?

I got it, and I have to say, I like it A LOT.

First of all, I was ecstatic at the prospect of a storage system for my 350+ pkmn, so that was pretty cool. Second, I love the way they look! Like little origami pokemon!

But most of all, I love the interactions between pokemon and the miis. I made my personal mii the caretaker of the pkmn I imported, so my 6 main pkmn always stick with me. Also, they all act exactly like they should! For example, my gardevoir rarely leaves my side and she often just floats around my head or smiles with the other pokemon. My Primeape, on the other hand, constantly runs from one end of the ranch to the other, attacking any pokemon that get in its way. Pretty much how they act in the show and games.

Also, every pkmn responds in similar ways, not just special ones like your party. I watched as a dewgong was chased by a turtwig (Who don't like each other, due to the type matchup) until it was cornered, where it spun around, froze the turtwig in a block on ice and ran off as fast as it could. I think it's the fact that the game can support 1000 pkmn, plus 20 miis plus toys all interacting this way ON SCREEN at the SAME TIME that caused a drop in the graphics. After all, trying to account for every single pkmn's personality would have to take a toll somewhere.

Another cool thing: the pictures you take on the ranch and save to your SD card can actually be uploaded to your computer. I've got a picture of my mii surrounded by my team as my desktop right now.

All in all, I think it's a great little program if you have way too much pokemon and can't bear to get rid of all those bidoofs. (The $10 price range is a little steep, though, for a fancy screensaver.)

I would get PokeRanch but Nintendo sadly doesn't like my Credit Card. It's not that I don't have any money, It's just that APO addresses aren't accepted in the billing form. So until my local game retailer gets more Wii point cards (I can't get them from the local market off base, cause Japanese Wii points don't like to play with American Wii systems) I'm not going to be able to get it.

Some of the ones "Haley" trades you seem pretty awesome, but... is it worth the $10 to me? Not really.

If I go on another breeding spree later, maybe I'll need the space, but it's just so lame... even if you do get "unlimited" Mew with every purchase. I hear it takes about an hour to restart Ranch, "reupload" your 1000 pokemon or whatever and get another Mew. Sheesh...

Some of the ones "Haley" trades you seem pretty awesome, but... is it worth the $10 to me? Not really.

If I go on another breeding spree later, maybe I'll need the space, but it's just so lame... even if you do get "unlimited" Mew with every purchase. I hear it takes about an hour to restart Ranch, "reupload" your 1000 pokemon or whatever and get another Mew. Sheesh...

Actually, if you mean remove and re-install ranch, it's probably closer to...a week? every time you fill the ranch to max capacity, it takes a day before the ranch is rebuilt to sustain even more pkmn.

I'm going to get the pokemon ranch thing just cause it seems like a neat little thing to play with, and overflow has made it seem even more neat than before. Is mew in the American one? It took mew out of the original ones, I wouldn't put them past it to take him out of ranch.

Someone mentioned fav pokemons earlier and that made me think of a crazy curiosity I have. I've always wondered if the first pokemon game anyone plays also effects what pokemon they tend to like generation wise when it comes to aesthetics.

For example, I started out with the first games, and while I like pokemon from all the generations, I like many more in the first one than I do in the 3rd and fourth one combined. But would someone that started with a later generation prefer those over older generations?

I've also just wondered if there is a general preference for any generation even despite whatever game was started with.

Actually, if you mean remove and re-install ranch, it's probably closer to...a week? every time you fill the ranch to max capacity, it takes a day before the ranch is rebuilt to sustain even more pkmn.

Actually, you can just set the Wii's clock ahead each time and cheat it. But yes, even so, my estimate of an hour is still off.

I'm going to get the pokemon ranch thing just cause it seems like a neat little thing to play with, and overflow has made it seem even more neat than before. Is mew in the American one? It took mew out of the original ones, I wouldn't put them past it to take him out of ranch.

Someone mentioned fav pokemons earlier and that made me think of a crazy curiosity I have. I've always wondered if the first pokemon game anyone plays also effects what pokemon they tend to like generation wise when it comes to aesthetics.

For example, I started out with the first games, and while I like pokemon from all the generations, I like many more in the first one than I do in the 3rd and fourth one combined. But would someone that started with a later generation prefer those over older generations?

I've also just wondered if there is a general preference for any generation even despite whatever game was started with.

Well, first of all, most of my favorite evolutionary lines are from RBY, which I started with.

However, overall, I'd say my favorite generation has been IV. Putting aside the fact that standard OU battles are just as centralized as they have always been AND how ridiculous GameFreak made Garchomp, there has been a HUGE show of creativity spread across the Shinnoh Dex. I think all the super-awesome evolutions to old, unappreciated pokemon really pushed it over the edge, too.

HEY DAMNED! Do you still want a Black Sludge or what, man? I'm a fair guy.

Yes. Yes, I do. Want an Earthquake TM? I have like 6 of them.

Multiple replays and trading over to my Sapphire game has left me with a rather significant abundance of 3rd gen TMs.

Yes.

Also, same here. However, I've used a shit ton of my TM stock lately for random last minute UU battles (that I lost), so a little extra TM26 can't hurt. You can reach me on AIM, or post here.

Oh, and I'll take all of your 51 to 91 TMs if you want, since you said you don't need them.:<

Seriously, why the HELL did they make pretty much all the BEST TMs a one-shot deal? Grass Knot, Roost, Stealth Rock, Sleep Talk, Explosion, Payback... If it weren't for the fact that I am a total tool and bought a version 1.0 Japanese Pearl when it came out there's no way I'd survive on just ONE of each of those. If I had another DS I'd spend weeks just beating the hell out of Pearl to get more TMs and extra Heatran or something.

Which reminds me, I never got a decent Dialga on my US Diamond ever. Need to borrow a DS :sleepdepriv:

OH! My FC is 4510-6963-8933. I go by Aniny or Adam, whatev.

EB games got bought out by Gamestop so they're basically the same thing now. Just go to the store and turn on your DS. If they have it, you can just download from outside the store.

PS: There are no Gamestops in Canada, that's why they bought EB Games.

Officially, Canadian EB Games are not participating in the Deoxys event, even though multiple people from multiple sites (serebii, bulbbapedia, GameFAQs, etc) have called and asked.

Personally, I'm just going to wonder down and see if they got it, but just haven't advertised it for some stupid reason.

Way to go, Nintendo of Canada! Skip out on yet another easy-to-do, easy to set-up and wonderfully awesome promotional event again.

Actually, I have one acquired in a trade while attending that Toys R Us Mew event last year. Last year? Two years ago? I don't remember.

I ran it through an IV calculator, and I'm pretty sure it was hacked. All 31 IVs except for Attack, and it has moves that Deoxys can't learn at all... yeah, poorly hacked.

I was hoping for the event so I could get a legit one, and toss the hacked one onto GTS and get something good for it.