Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

The Damned

Right now I'm struggling with berries, since I stopped playing for a few months last semmester all I have left is what's in my bag and what I can get off the berry master and the girl in florama town. :S

So it seems it'll be a while before I have a decent kind of berry for making poffins, all I have available for dry poffin right now is Razz, and the best level I've gotten them to is 13.

Lately I've been wanting to play through again, but I'll be darned if I restart this game, I guess someday I'll just have to invest in Pearl, or whatever middle gen game they may or may not come out with.

Damned I'm not staying up all night playing, I'm having insane amounts of trouble getting to sleep on account of a percussionist that thinks its fun to practice at 2 in the morning living above me, and girls that gossip up a storm every night and take showers about the same time next door. So I end up unable to sleep and poking around various forums and stuff, then waking up pissy. (maybe I just shouldn't get online within a few hours of waking up) :P

Okay, the GTS is awesome if you're playing by your terms. I can offer up a Feebas and request pretty much anything and get it the next day.

(Note: I've tested this theory on Chinchou, Turtwig, and Chansey, and currently have one up for a Starmie. We'll see if this still holds true...)

Man, I just had a great match on Battle Revolution last night. It came down to my Torterra vs. a Manaphy. It had a focus sash and was using Rest, plus it was raining so its Hydration ability cured sleep every turn. I finally managed to beat it even through all the confusion caused by Swagger. It was pretty epic as far as the battles I usually get go.

Pokemon never gets old to me... There's always new combinations and strategies out there.

I wouldn't say "very few". There have been a lot of changes and advancemetns since the original games.

First gen: Well, it was the first gen, so there's nothing to compare it to.

Second gen: Well, where to begin... day and night (with the effect they have on battling), the weekly calender of places to go and people to get stuff from, genders, two new types, the Special Split, held items, weather moves.

Third gen: Natures and Abilities, mostly. Oh, and Double battles.

Fourth gen: Special and Physical moves swap... and that's about it.

So really, the game underwent a gigantic change in the second generation, but nothing after has really gone outside the box, so to speak. I guess after GSC, they've basically been updating and tweaking the battle system with each new game. I doubt that we will see anything in the fifth generation that really changes things. A new type would shake some things up, but seeing how the variety of typings and base points spreads that exist to date, doing so would wreck a highly balanced system. It's taken at least two gens to get things under control, and another to get it smoothed out. I don't see why they would now or in the future.

Well I guess it depends on how you look at it really... I don't consider many of those things "ground breaking". They improve the gameplay, but its essentially the same game. You get your 6-monster-squad with 4 atks each, and proceed to lay the pain on any other trainer who decides to battle you.

The game has become a lot more complex, no argument there, but the core of the game is pretty much unchanged. They haven't had a need to redo the game to keep it alive. It just keeps evolving a bit with each generation.

The game has become a lot more complex, no argument there, but the core of the game is pretty much unchanged. They haven't had a need to redo the game to keep it alive. It just keeps evolving a bit with each generation.

Just because the core of the game is the same doesn't automatically mean it should just die out, that's like saying "well this franchise has had lots of tweaks, improvements and fun little things added, but at it's heart it's still a Platformer/FPS/RPG, I'm surprised people still like the franchise!"

Forget a Pokemon MMO. How about instead we first test the waters with an actual 3D RPG. Wouldn't happen though because Game Freaks and Nintendo refuse to innovate.

The closest thing I can think of to a 3D Pokemon RPG is the child-gambler game they have at the arcade where you have your child put in some cash, they spot a pokemon, and then they wail on a tiny button until it is caught. If they win, they get more cash.

I didn't play that game because it looked lame and a half.

What we were talking about is full-fledged going out into the wilderness and having random pokemon encounters that would be in glorious 3D, then you would catch them after weakening thier HP down, and then finally claiming it as your own once the ball stopped shaking.

The Gamecube Pokemon games blew ass and sucked balls. I bought the first one mainly for the Jirachi disc, and after trying to get through the main game, I just said "fuck this shit".

I still haven't "purified" about twenty of the poor pokes. They are doomed to be trapped on that memory card until the day it just stops working.

Sorry, little critters, but I'm not playing that game again. Not even to erase my save game.