Elite 400

Dr. Rod

This is a mix Ive been workin on for a little over a week now, based off of the Champion Battle theme from R/B/Y. I based the style mainly around DDR/ITG Speedcore (like Fascination Maxx, Vertex, for anyones whose played either one), so it has some surprise intensity changes, pauses, etc. Similarly, I named it Elite 400 because the song is 400 bpms.

Well, here it is http://lightningrt.googlepages.com/Elite400.mp3

It's empty, mostly cacophonous, and ridiculously repetitive. I highly doubt this is salvageable. I don't mean to be rude, but it hurts to listen to it. Occasional cacophony works in certain contexts, but there's no context at all here. Just clashing notes at seemingly random points, which is unjustifiable if you haven't established any kind of coherent musicality around it.

Your biggest problem is definitely the reverb, its crowding the hell out of the rest of your soundscape. I will say though that arrangement-wise, this is very reminescent of Vertex^2 stylistically, and I think you did a great job with that. Problem is, I think even with perfect production, a song of this genre wouldnt make it on here. Bemani Speedcore really is a single beat streched out and manipulated over an entire song, save for a few short breaks. I thik with some better production, this could become a nice ITG 13 footer, but its not really OCRs style.