OCR00719 - Final Fantasy VI "Cid in the Factory"

Ginnsu

I'm into the whole Techno Industrial scene and this is just wonderful, from the time Cid kicks the malfunctioning machine to the very end where the entire factory goes haywire. Ever since I've gotten back into Retro gaming and in turn playing FF6 Advanced (pure heaven) on my DS this has been my theme of choice during its entire run. Also, according to my music player of choice I have a count of 200 for this track alone and I've only had it on my laptop for the better part of a month (not including the number of repeats on my MP3 player.) Absolutely Smashing.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also want to say that I love this Remix! :<

Now that the important part is taken care of, I want to know: is it just me, or does Cid's voice sound somewhat like Homer Simpson? :razz:

Permit me to digress :idea: (sometimes, I get lucky and my digressions are worthwhile! 8O): For me, that adds just enough familiarity of something I know and love, without the theme of Homer Simpson dominating (the whole Remix is heavily "industrial" (?)...of course, Homer Simpson is anything *but* industrious).

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What the heck is that rapid-fire synth at 0:55 (popping up every 5 seconds)? It's thick, it's chocolatey, and it gives a sharp contrast to the other sounds at play. And I like it. :) I'm not too fond of how the segues at 1:58-2:09 and 2:32-2:51 oscillate in volume, but thankfully it's tamer on headphones. Similarly, at 3:29-3:31, every other half note buzzes a little high, even within the already busy sound field.

I can overlook the flaws when I consider how the mix is constructed. Tempo and genre shifts, attention to detail in the machinery starting up and breaking down, Cid speaking, and other admirable quirks tell a story that gives equal emphasis to chaos and order, which of course are dual qualities of the Magitek Factory (machines do their thing, but navigating the lab is the devil). Plus the image of Kefka blowing a trumpet is priceless humor.

• 4 months later...

This song is so gritty and industrial. The Voice work with Cid and the computer really

makes it feel like there is a point to the whole song. It makes it feel like your a part of the Magitek work day. You can imagine all the Espers and magicite being transfered and processed as the song goes on. Its Very Quirky and Its a blast to listen too. This is my favorite song on OCRemix I'd like to hear more from this artist.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00719 - Final Fantasy VI "Cid in the Factory"