OCR01571 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Tricky Swamp Style"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Review 12/1522

Normally, adding a sizable amount game sound effects to add to a track beat, particularly old voice sounds is something that bothers the crap out of me, however, the use of it in this track adds some serious quality to it enough to make it something I will listen to a lot in the future. Now all the mixer has to do is a doom track with some zombie and shotgun sounds for the win.

Score 10/10 "tastier than bananas"

-TP

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, some appropriate use of sound effects in music! :-D I've heard a lot of vocal clips thrown in randomly in ways that don't make sense, and then I've heard a lot of instances where the sound effects are only used during the introduction and then forgotten about later in the mix, but I'm happy to report that this remix has neither of these problems!

Great source, the loud drums and cool synths gave life to a track that I didn't know had upbeat potential to it :-) Taking out the bass toward the end threw the soundscape off balance for a bit, but aside from that it's a pretty solid effort all the way throughout. My favorite Siamey track yet!

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01571 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Tricky Swamp Style"
  • 9 months later...