ORCL - The New OCRCL

kamoh

OCRCL

OverClocked Remix Chess League

Good Luck, Have Fun, and 134340!

To Enter the OCRCL, please post in the thread your interest, and include an AIM screen name that you use regularly.

The last page of the thread generally contains the current standings, as well as important rules.

Alright alright fun kids :)

Play your assigned opponents twice (once as white, once as black).

Use 10/15 clocks.

You may play one game unscheduled (called a halfmatch). Decide on a color with your opponent.

Wins = 5 points, Draws = 3 points, Losses = 1 point.

Losses will only account for up to 20% of the maximum score.

Halfmatches will only account for up to 20% of the maximum score.

imagedw2.png

newOCRCL.jpg

Hmm... yes... is this more like what you were going for, Kamoh?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop my head in and bookmark the thread.

While I'm here, I'll go ahead and state my intentions to join next week, if that's acceptable. Finals this week, then I'm free from a crazy semester. I look forward to throwing my weight around some more.

Also, I'll go ahead and see if I can contact JD to find out what's stopping him from playing some too.

Alright? See y'zall next weex.

I graduated. Today is my last day as a university student. Officially, as far as the school is concerned, I'm done. In one hour and 50 minutes I will cease to be a student, and will magically metamorphose into a full-fledged teacher. I'm going to work tomorrow, to teach, just like I have every day for the last five weeks, and during three practicum blocks before that, but tomorrow, tomorrow, I actually get a paycheque.

And now that I'm only subbing part-time, not prepping, I officially have free time again. Are we ready to start now? We got (some of) the old gang together, let's play some chess.

1 game = 5 points?

bypass rule?

explain please. Unfortunately, I don't have time to search through old threads to find the answer.

I've moved the scoring to 5-3-1 for two reasons:

1) Losing every game OR winning only halfgames will only get you 20% of your maximum score.

2) 3-2-1 is a little too loss-heavy of a system - I think this is just a little tweak that helps out quite a bit.

Bypass:

If you cannot find your own scheduled opponent, you may play their OTHER opponent, bypassing them completely (you can also bypass those players until you violate some other rule). Those games will only be validated at the end of the week.

Those were beautiful games, and both sides were gaining and losing advantage during the game. dPaladin is a tough opponent, and I was not sure about the outcome until the very end in both games. Great games, thank you dPaladin :-)

I got a flukey win in a realatively short halfmatch game where Nemo had the upper hand until the last three moves, and a breakdown on my end went my way. I got my rook to uncover a target spot behind the kingside castle and he just didn't see it in time.

Great game Nemo :)

I am so very in on this. Hardcore.

EDIT: To practice, I hit up the newbie lounge. I lol'd.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: keegan_the_fox

;Black: biglithos

;Date: Tue May 5 18:04:57 GMT 2007

1. e2-e4 h7-h5

2. d2-d4 f7-f6

3. f1-e2 g7-g5

4. e2xh5+ h8xh5

5. d1xh5++

imagemt0.png

Since we really don't have a set "championship" going on, I have no problems altering the league format starting next week.

The goal for me is to make things a little simpler and more hands-off. The control I have in scheduling matches is too much to make a fair decision, so I will be doing something similar to - but not the same as - the round-robin tournament ideas that are running around nowadays.