ORCL - The New OCRCL

kamoh

two wins for me against nemo. Here's the second game we had.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: nemitor_atimen

;Black: keegan_the_fox

;Date: Wed May 09 23:27:24 GMT 2007

1. e2-e4 c7-c5

2. g1-f3 b8-c6

3. d2-d4 c5xd4

4. f3xd4 g8-f6

5. d4xc6 b7xc6

6. d1-f3 d7-d5

7. e4xd5 c8-g4

8. f3-f4 e7-e6

9. d5xc6 d8-d1++

We're going to change the league starting with the coming week (tonight).

3-2-1 scoring will be in effect. This system seemed to work the best for encouraging people to play, so we'll be using it.

There will no longer be bypasses OR reports. They are too difficult to understand and enforce, and unnecessary now because...

I will no longer be scheduling matches. This became too difficult for me to do effectively, and I've become busier and busier all the time. Plus, it penalizes some players for no reason.

You will have to seek out your opponents in every game you play. This means every game is like a halfmatch. This also means that rules are VERY simple:

One-week-rule: You may play no more than 5 games per week.

Four-week-rule: Every four weeks, you may play nobody more than three times.

Week 16

Week 17

Week 18 - I will remove Week 14 and 15, and four-week rules will no longer apply to those weeks.

Week 19

Week 20 - Playoffs pertaining to weeks 16-19. TOP5 play single-round-robin.

Remember, you can join at any time if you are not in the tournament. Just a few wins could get you the points you need to be in the playoff stage.

imageyw5.png

Week 16

Week 17

Week 18 - I will remove Week 14 and 15, and four-week rules will no longer apply to those weeks.

Week 19

Week 20 - Playoffs pertaining to weeks 16-19. TOP5 play single-round-robin.

Remember, you can join at any time if you are not in the tournament. Just a few wins could get you the points you need to be in the playoff stage.

imageyw5.png

I had no idea we shares AIM accounts there kamoh.

Okay, my apologies to everyone for my truancy - I have not yet successfully signed on to the Internet at my new location off campus. I don't know when that will be resolved, but in the meantime, I'll play a couple of games this afternoon with whoever is signed on.

Yay for a new job. Ask me about it...

I'm going to nix one of your games against Bahamut, and move the limits down to 4 games/week and 2 games/opponent/3 weeks. Not a lot of games are getting done, and I want to give this format a chance to succeed - but let it be known that I'm not really excited by chess league anymore.

I just don't feel like continuing this thing anymore.

I'm sorry everyone. If you guys really want to continue with the OCRCL, send me an IM, but I'll be counting numbers - it's not worth it to deal with so much stuff online, not anymore. I'm just tired of beating a dead horse.

EDIT: Oh hell.

It's June.

New thing idea of an old thing idea.