Random OCR Trivia *read rules plz*

big giant circles

Alright, so this was just inspired by me being bored and searching through the members list and looking at various figures and statistics. So here's the deal. For those who care to (and are creative enough), post some random fact about OCR. I'm curious to see the collective knowledge we have about this place. Plus, it might be a cool way for some people to find info they may have missed out on somehow otherwise :)

RULES:

***You can post as many or as few facts as you like.

***Try to keep it broadly pertaining to OCR as a whole. I.E. Don't post some stupid crap like "I have posted in 49 threads that got locked, lollerz".

***Please type your fact in BOLD to distinguish it from any other comments you may feel like making.

***If you want to comment on other facts, that's fine, but please at least quote the fact you're referring to, so the thread stays generally on track. OR feel free to comment, and then contribute a fact of your own :)

***Try to provide credible info, that can actually be looked up or verified by someone else if possible. (Not that I'm requiring verification--I just don't want stuff like "well, at one point in time I think that...")

***If your comment refers to a specific point in time, please note it. Otherwise, it is probably going to be assumed your fact is current as of the time of your post.

Ok then, I'll get this ball rolling:

*As of today (April 24, 2007) there are 256 registered members with the letters (title) DJ in their name.

*Also, as of today, there are 1647 registered members who have never posted in the forums. On the contrary, there are 19 members with over 10,000 posts. Two have over 20,000, and one has over 25,000.

*As of today (April 24, 2007) the remixer with the highest number of posted mixes on OCR is David Lloyd, aka djpretzel, at 67 mixes. The number two spot goes to Mike Vafeas, aka McVaffe, at 44 mixes and at third is Christopher Lee Getman, aka Mazeduke, at 35.

*On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are four remixers listed who are shown to not have posted a mix on OCR. These are Goolancer, vapor_trails, Am.FM.GM, and Atomic Skull.

^Anyone know how this happened? Did they perhaps work on projects or originally had a mix on OCR but then got taken down?

*On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are four remixers listed who are shown to not have posted a mix on OCR. These are Goolancer, vapor_trails, Am.FM.GM, and Atomic Skull.

^Anyone know how this happened? Did they perhaps work on projects or originally had a mix on OCR but then got taken down?

Looking at the OC Removed songs that I have have , am.FM.GM. and Atomic Skull are both in OC Removed, the same probably goes for Goolancer and vapor_trails. So, yes.

There are currently 656 members that have as many posts as their postrank (Nasenmann and Jaman are tied for 656th).

I remember counting this at 444 sometime in July 2004, and it's just an interesting way to gauge the size and magnitude of a community.

Random Forum Stats:

* Currently, only 63 OGs are left on the forums. (members who have been registered for 5+ years and have made at least one post in the last 90 days)

* The average age of active OCR forum members is around 23. (based on a random selection of people who have made an average of 1 post per day for the last 90 days)

* 19 people currently have a post count higher than 10,000. Radical Dreamer currently holds the record with over 28,000 posts.

Random Chat Stats:

* The highest recorded number of people in #ocremix was 125 on April 23, 2007. (however, this was the result of an ETG server crash, the actual number is unknown but is estimated to be around 115 set sometime in 2004)

* Suzumebachi is the most talkative person in #ocremix since its inception, having consistently topped the stats since March 2002.

20 members joined on leap day: Feb. 29 200X.

20 members have the auspicious distinction of joining on leap day, the only leap day this site has seen in its existence to date. 16 of these have visited back at least once since February 29, 2004.

That sort of falls apart when you include time differences. To me, it looks like DragonFireKai/Escariot joined on the first of March.

*The most remixed composer is Nobuo Uematsu, with 267 remixes.

*The most remixed game is Chrono Trigger at 75 remixes.

The one thing I've always disliked about the way OCR credits composers for soundtracks is how composers who only offer a few songs to a soundtrack are often given equal credit to the soundtrack as the primary composer. (*cough* Rika Muranaka *cough*)

I can understand in cases where discrepancy lies in determining who the primary composers are, but in cases like the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, it's clearly listed in the album who recieves credit for which tracks. This is also most disappointing since the database can list the song arranged, yet cannot distinguish between the composer for that particular song. You'd think that this could be easily remedied by having composers listed as either primary or secondary contributors. In addition, original songs that are arranged could be placed under whether they were created by the primary, secondary or both composers.

Still, it seems that OCR would probably not attempt to correct this since (OMG!!1!11) it might give preference for one composer over another. Yes. Yes, it would; the composer who actually deserves the proper credit for the soundtrack.

So, although the OCR database will list Nobuo Uematsu as the composer with the most number of ReMixed songs, the actual credit goes to Yasunori Mitsuda.

The one thing I've always disliked about the way OCR credits composers for soundtracks is how composers who only offer a few songs to a soundtrack are often given equal credit to the soundtrack as the primary composer. (*cough* Rika Muranaka *cough*)

I can understand in cases where discrepancy lies in determining who the primary composers are, but in cases like the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, it's clearly listed in the album who recieves credit for which tracks. This is also most disappointing since the database can list the song arranged, yet cannot distinguish between the composer for that particular song. You'd think that this could be easily remedied by having composers listed as either primary or secondary contributors. In addition, original songs that are arranged could be placed under whether they were created by the primary, secondary or both composers.

Still, it seems that OCR would probably not attempt to correct this since (OMG!!1!11) it might give preference for one composer over another. Yes, yes it would. The composer who actually deserves the proper credit for the soundtrack.

So, although the OCR database will list Nobuo Uematsu as the composer with the most number of ReMixed songs, the actual credit goes to Yasunori Mitsuda.

While I'd also prefer specific associations for composers and songs, I'd like to also point out that it ain't that deep. :lol:

Maybe, but that often leads to big names obscuring smaller ones.

People can always request djp notes who the composer is in the writeup if they want to specify which one wrote it. In order to change stuff like that now it would involve re-writing a load of id tags and crap, not really worth the time.

But anyhoo, more trivia?