OCR00721 - Final Fantasy Tactics "Teach Me How to Rave"

orkybash

Final Fantasy Tactics 'Teach Me How to Rave'

I think Pretzel summed this remix up nicely with his write-up: It's predictable, but it's still cool. For my part I have to say that I enjoyed the upbeat middle section a bit more than the Arabianesque intro and outtro because it sounded a lot fuller. In fact, if I had to give a complaint about this mix, I would say that it sounded empty to my ears for a lot of the time. Those times when Thomas really fleshed things out, though, made up for the emptier sections. So yeah. I guess the short story here is "I likes."

Hrmmm. This one doesn't do it for me for some reason, except for the beginning of the middle section (0:54-1:30). After that it's just too space for me to deal with, the transitions go on way too long and the middle section overstays its welcome, then takes too long to get back into the groove at 3:04.

It's a competent piece technically, but...I don't feel it. Pretzel is right about the original lending itself to this genre certainly, but most of the focus on this piece is in the middle, and that's not the part of the original I would have chosen to focus on. Whatever floats your boat, as they say, but I'm firmly in drydock on this one, not because the piece is built wrong, but because it doesn't move me.

5.5/10.

Ok, first, I have never heard the original song.

But this song is so #/"¤& good!!

The Intro/Outro sounds to me like something more scottish.

It's sounds like a pipe-bag or something. In any case, it's good.

When Ghetto makes it to the main melody (I guess), the beat slowly dies, leaving the melody to flow free. This part is the best in the whole song.

This is that kind os song I'm going to put in a CD.

8/10 - .:Solarus:.

Wow, this ReMix is awesome! It gets a bit repetitive but i dont mind that actually, its something you can just sit around and groove to, and not a bad first FFT ReMix to get posted up at OCR. Out of 10? Id say about an 9.0 aswell.

The Good:

I like the synths. Nice FX on them to polish them up, too.

I love the hats, even if they are FL default samples.

I'm a big-time synth bass fanatic and this one is no exception. I can't tell, but I believe it's also a default sample, but even so, it's use is perfect in this song.

The Bad:

Default FL kick drum. Seems like it's clipping a bit, which doesn't really help...

Not really all that textural, but that doesn't hold it back too much considering the genre.

Slightly repetitive.

Overall:

A good, fun Final Fantasy tactics remix. Nice work picking out the song, too, because I'd have to agree with DJP in that the original version of this song had the perfect melody for the genre, it just takes a good ear to pick that out.

Intro/Outro on this mix are pretty good. Although the song's a little repetitive, I think that's part of what makes it good. Nice job all in all, I seriously enjoyed it. Final Fantasy Tactics is probably my favorite game of all time, and I really enjoyed this remix. Looking forward to more, Ghetto Lee Lewis.

A good techno work. I agree that it was slightly repetitive, but everything seemed so natural and seamless overall that I couldn't help but like it. One of my favorites in the genre, and - in my opinion - a good example to anyone looking to work in this style. I like it better than Thou Art a DJ.

I've never really thougth it would be possible to remix final fantasy tactics, and then i stumbled on this song

Its a tad repetitive for a 4 minute song, but this song sums up on how the tutorial song would've sounded, should final fantasy tactics be turned into a futuristic TRPG. I was amazing to see that the synths sound almost as well as the music from FFT sounds.

In and out of a good mix, the intro and outro give this name a good name, but reducing the time would've made it an even better mix that kept you coming back for more.

• 6 months later...

when i frist saw that there was a remix of final fantasy tactics i chuckled/cursed at the idea...."the orignal soundtrack was perfect...how can anyone improve it"..but what ghetto lewis did...is by nature what a remixer is suppose to do.....he gave me a new perspective of the song...the whole soundtrack for that matter...this song is just AMAZING..i highly recomend it...esspically to fft players out there

-squall lone wolf

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I listened this remix a long time ago, but I must now say how it aged so well! One of the better aged remixes I can remember from this site! It's epecially cool considering that a TUTORIAL music of all things has been remixed from FFT! Lot of kudos!

Technically, there aren't too many anomalies that takes away from the entire piece. It's just fun listen!

• 7 months later...

First off I like the synth effects for the main theme, also this track has a very nice Paul van Dyk feel to it but I must stress, a song(mainly a remix) that is over 170 bpm is way too much for something so well made, I turned the pitch down by 200%, after that it was a perfect PvD feel, I still love this track, a perfect rework of the original, I just don't like the 100,000 Bps T1 punch a hole through the sun speed :) great song though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Fun and fast, it could use a few change ups throughout to make it a little more interesting, but rave music isn't about changing up music a lot, it's about shaking your ass as fast as you possibly can. For some reason this track has always stuck out to me since I first heard it, and I think it just might be because it is such a fast electronic track; possibly the fastest on the site.

A little more variety would have been nice, and maybe a bit more sophisticated drum sound, but this is a pretty enjoyable mix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00721 - Final Fantasy Tactics "Teach Me How to Rave"