OCR01573 - Chrono Trigger "Forever Until Tomorrow"

djpretzel

Star Salzman is easily one of the best vocalists on this site, perhaps the best. I love the raw emotion in this song, but what I love best is the constant vascillation between weight and weightlessness. Dare I say it, it feels as if you are a grain of sand in an hourglass that's being turned end-to-end. At times you feel suspended in air, sort of like when you're on a roller-coaster just about to plummet 40 feet. And at other times, you feel compressed, as if gravity has twice its normal pull. It's quite a ride, and quite a mix of genres and timbres wrapped up in one song. It's not for the faint of heart or perhaps a musical purist, but I love it.

• 4 months later...

I can't believe I haven't posted to this mix yet. Les sigh...

This mix is very near and dear to me, but for more than just its quality.

See when it got posted I was sent on a business trip (alone) to an obscenely hot tropical country, and being from Northern Canada I had no idea how to handle it. It ended up I got really sick and wanted to go home because I was convinced I would die (dehydration + tropical environs + no hospital or view of civilization for a long ways + being a wuss), and ended up spending a lot of time in bed listening to my ipod. This mix came on and I just put it on repeat and rocked out, and having that little piece of familiar (ok just posted but it was still english) awesomeness really helped me out. I think it was just that calming soundfield and hopeful overtone that really clicked, and to this day every time I hear this song come up I just pause and remember.

Ok that was sappy, but true. Just thought I would share.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a master piece and nothing short of it. Im glad to hear im not the only crazy person listening to this song several times a day.

The bassline is my favorite, i usually pump the volume up and let it kick me in the chest.

Hat off for you my friend, excellent work! \o/

/Eriond

• 3 weeks later...

It may not be one of my all time favourite remix's but its still a REALLY good one

When I was first listening to it I was thinking 'Another Chrono Remix' (Which is a Good Thing!)

But when the singing came in I was like 'Woah! Decent!' lol

Only a few remixes have good singing (namely Jillian Aversa's) but this one does work well

I'm gonna listen to it tonight, just for old times sake :-P

• 3 years later...

Love this one. The lyrics are very cleverly done and well sung with a good, rough voice quality that's sort of punk but not enough punk to make it tacky.

Absolutely love the drum work and the drum production, the way it's panned really adds a whole lot of depth to the mix.

And I love the part that leads up to the singer screaming "Let me out of here." Pumps me up every time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01573 - Chrono Trigger "Forever Until Tomorrow"
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...