"Seen, Yet Unheard"

Nario

I've posted this at other forums and have taken all of my posts, that which are relevant to the topic and come from me, and merged them into one post here. I was afraid to post this here because I usually get bashed or whatever but I don't care now. :D I love this song!

Download: TinDeck is being incongruent right now, so you'll have to click here for the Deaf Mix of the song.

CHALLENGE: I made this song in FL but had my volume turned down all the way while producing it. I could not hear any of the instruments I chose, so what you hear is what I chose "blindly". The melodies are what I have been playing on the piano at my school for many months now but only the melodies were the only things I knew about this song; as far as the bass and the rhythms I used they are completely original for this song. Basically, I was "Beethoven" while making this song and only heard melodies in my head, that's it. What a challenge!

This song is one huge project combined into one. 0:00-1:51 & 3:12-End is what I call "Theme of [some made-up R.P.G.]" and 1:51-3:11 is what I call "The Son Is In My Eyes". The first and third portions were basically melodies I made for a potential R.P.G. theme (I thought it sounded like one and whenever I played it at my school's Student Center people think I'm playing something from a video game, so I guess I succeeded) and the second portion is a praise song I made for my church (it will start to be sung in June; lyrics below). I must say, however, that this song does not show how either song is intended for listening, for this is a weird mix and I made myself "deaf" while making this.

Currently, the lyrics have not been added to the song. I don't know how my voice will sound with the song and I don't care how bad my voice is when I do post it. lol.

~Lyrics for the "The Son Is In My Eyes" portion - 1:51-3:11 - ~

King of all kings

Almighty God

Your name is worthy of praise

You're the Savior who reigns

Through bright and sunny days

Now I want to praise your name

When I wake up in the morning

And the Son is in my eyes

And it's really no surprise

His sacrifice

Is the greatest that's ever

Been given unto me

And now I am free

His name is Jesus

King of all kings

Almighty God

Your name is worthy of praise

You're the Savior who reigns

Through bright and sunny days

Now I want to praise your name

~~

This song, no matter how weird this version sounds, is straight from my heart and is one of my favorite songs of all time due to God's role in it. Seriously, thanks to Him I am able to express how He makes me feel, and I'm so thankful for what I have. I'm thankful He gave me a friend like Jewbei to keep inspiring me to mix music. I'm thankful He brought life into Yasunori Mitsuda and inspired me to write original music to begin with, not to mention make the rhythms in this song as wacky as possible. I'm thankful He introduced me to Imperative Reaction for inspiring my sound, no matter how anti-industrial and pro-trance it may be. I'm thankful God made Beethoven deaf so I could be inspired to do this challenge ...just joking. :D

Keep in mind that all the instruments I chose while "deaf" are still intact in this version and I may change them in future versions. Basically, this song is my "Deaf Mix" and future versions will be serious. (I referred to the waveforms in the Oscilloscope for guidance in choosing my instruments but could not hear everything like I have emphasized throughout this post)

Enjoy, but please no outright bashing on how bad it may sound. This song was nowhere near easy to make. At. All. O_o

UPDATE!!! Nario sings at last!

For all I know, these are the final versions! I added EQ, remastered the instruments and added a bunch of effects.

Seen, Yet Unheard

Seen, Yet Unheard (Karaoke Mix)

Enjoy!

Reminder: Always use left-click on those sites.

Nice. Catchy stuff there. I'm impressed you were able to compose this while challenging yourself.

As for your singing voice, no it does not suck. You have a nice voice with a lot of potential. I kind of expected a deeper tone when I first heard "I love you, God". Nonetheless, it's still good. You seem a bit hesitant to "let it all out", however. I feel that you're holding back, especially at mid-point of the song where you voice gets a bit lower.