OCR00723 - Final Fantasy VII "Galvanized Boss"

Saunders

• 5 weeks later...

For my first post ever, I think it should go to my first downloaded mix I got. Still More Fighting is quite possibly my most memorable, if not my favourite, VG song. This mix took it and made it better. The sheer speed of the beats combined with the constant electricity through the song make it sound b*tchin in the car, on my PC, and on headphones. Completing it with the FF victory music just tops it off, giving the mix an end instead of letting it peter off into incompletion. Desperados is going to by my next download.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh mini?!

I've got a mixed opinion about this one. I really liked Still More Fighting - it was one of my fav vg songs - but one of the reasons was that I really liked it's use of 6/8 time ... And I don't really like it in 4/4, though the supercool arpeggios are still there and you've captured the mood pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I love the fast-paced urgency that's portrayed here, it really helps it stay true to the original. I also like the slight difference in rhythm of the beginning section of the main theme. The end is also sweet since the general mood of this mix just builds to that big "phew" you get at the end. Good work, Standby!

• 2 years later...

Fast techno remix of FF7 Boss music. Check.

Piece that is both nostalgic and pumped-up enough to sound like it has a proper home within the original game. Check.

I like the track because I feel like I'm back in the game. It's intense, awesome, and the victory fanfare is nicely done. While I know that I've heard remixes done in the same basic style (just like I've heard many rock/metal remixes of this track), this one definitely has a 'right' feeling to it.

• 2 months later...

Catchy opening, really like that gritty synth used. I wasn't so following arp section though, kinda feels like it overstays it's welcome. A little weird transition out of them as well at 1:25, which kinda makes the piece feel meandering, rather than a focused arrangement.

Definitely a welcome change-up at 1:53 that gets things moving again. Have to admit, I liked the unexpected fanfare at the end. Not a bad song, but I would've liked to hear some more variety, especially with the beatwork.

• 6 months later...

some cool rhythmic change-ups keep this one from getting too predictable, though some of the phrasing seems a little bit too spastic. Some phrases just abruptly end, and some of the transitions seem a bit weak. There are some good transitions mixed in, so i'm not sure really of the intent.

Decent stuff, and pretty capably produced, but this one didn't grab be that much.

• 5 months later...

Kinda sounds a lot like this was a musical experiment that just happened to sound sturdy enough to be given some extra support. But not THAT much.

As much as I enjoy listening to this, I always get that nagging feeling that it wasnt loved and developed as much as it probably should have been. There are slight problems with transitions and placements, that for me dont hinder the music too much, but I'd rather have seen them ironed out.

It's got a rough quality, and it's got a more complex sound than most other mixes. It does a lot more right than wrong, so it's a winner in my book. The synths and the drums are below the ideal level nowadays, but nevertheless, they've been put to great use here. Solid enough to be able to ignore its flaws.

• 2 years later...

Man, whoever "Standby" was, they only made two ReMixes but they're darn good solid ones, and from 2002 nonetheless. Whatever they're doing now, I hope it's music related.

This is pretty close to the source track but it is still done very well. There are little variations here and there that keep it interesting.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00723 - Final Fantasy VII "Galvanized Boss"
  • 4 years later...