What ever became of Prot's Sigma1.ogg WIP

Siamey

It seems to me like the guy's pretty much been ostracized from most of the various VGM communities due to random stuff he's done and said (and just being a bastard in general), but every so often I notice he shows up again somewhere. I'd imagine he's probably been making music and/or remixes all this time, and honestly I'd like to hear them.

Children. Children, children, children. Gather round, and papa will tell you a story. Prot was basically banned from OC Remix in early 2005 for being a complete cocksneeze in every way possible. He held up the judging process by refusing to allow good mixes through and being nitpicky. He was and still is incredibly arrogant; he thinks he's the only person in the universe that can make a decent remix. He is also widely believed to have hacked VGMix's website, resulting in the complete destruction of their site, from which they still haven't recovered. So he was banned from here, and his dickly ways and means have lost him any respect he may have had in pretty much any online community anywhere.

Overall, he's a cockless cock.

And that, children, is where that old bastard got off to.

G'night now.

Children. Children, children, children. Gather round, and papa will tell you a story. Prot was basically banned from OC Remix in early 2005 for being a complete cocksneeze in every way possible. He held up the judging process by refusing to allow good mixes through and being nitpicky. He was and still is incredibly arrogant; he thinks he's the only person in the universe that can make a decent remix. He is also widely believed to have hacked VGMix's website, resulting in the complete destruction of their site, from which they still haven't recovered. So he was banned from here, and his dickly ways and means have lost him any respect he may have had in pretty much any online community anywhere.

Overall, he's a cockless cock.

And that, children, is where that old bastard got off to.

G'night now.

I thought just about everyone had agreed by now that he _was_ without a doubt the one who hacked VGMix.

Also, why are you posting universally irrelevant bullshit in a forum that has nothing to do with it?

Get used to it. There's gonna be alot of these topics in the future. We've reached a point where new listeners will download Prot's stuff, notice that he was a fairly talented remixer, look him up on the forums, find out he's been banned, and want to know why.

To be honest, I think we should stick Shadowolf's explanation into some sort of FAQ that covers basic aspects of OCR's history. Stuff like "What Was the Orange Phase?", "What Happened to Protricity?", and the ever popular "Where Did Unmod Go?"

I think a sticky might cut down on these sort of catch up on OCR threads.

He held up the judging process by refusing to allow good mixes through and being nitpicky.

Bullshit. Prot never did such a thing, and he certainly wasn't banned or removed from the panel for anything like that. Say what you will about his attitude or the way he treated people--I'll probably agree with you--but don't start spouting ignorant nonsense about his judging practices.

Before trying to explain something to someone, make sure you know what you're talking about.

No offense meant man. Sorry about the rude replies, but most of us basically hate Prot. He's a piece of crap who destroyed VGMIX 2, not to forget a list of other things.

He's a jerk. If you ever see him, punch him in the face for me.

My apologies, the bit about the judges panel was information I received from someone else years ago. My fault for not checking it out. Prot's negativity did, however, affect a lot of amateur mixers. There were doubtless quite a few that wanted to please him, and that was a fairly impossible thing to do. So, sorry for the misinformation.

EDIT: Pardon me. After a review of the materials, It would seem he held up the judging process by simply being Ari and refusing to quantify precisely why he voted what he did on a mix. I''m sure there was more to it than that, and one of the judges would know much more about it than me. I am certain, however, that he was a dick.

It would seem he held up the judging process by simply being Ari and refusing to quantify precisely why he voted what he did on a mix. I''m sure there was more to it than that, and one of the judges would know much more about it than me.

Nah, that's a complete lie, and I dunno where you heard it from. As a panelist, lots of people hated Ari, but he was primarily responsible for the quality bar significantly going up, as well weeding out guidelines violations. I think his votes could have used more detail in a lot of cases, but that was the older days, and he usually gave his reasons. The whole time I was there, he wasn't biased in his decisions and never "refused to quantify" anything. In terms of speed, he was the most frequent voting judge on the panel before I joined. He did a lot to help the process, both in quality and speed.

Get used to it. There's gonna be alot of these topics in the future. We've reached a point where new listeners will download Prot's stuff, notice that he was a fairly talented remixer, look him up on the forums, find out he's been banned, and want to know why.

To be honest, I think we should stick Shadowolf's explanation into some sort of FAQ that covers basic aspects of OCR's history. Stuff like "What Was the Orange Phase?", "What Happened to Protricity?", and the ever popular "Where Did Unmod Go?"

I think a sticky might cut down on these sort of catch up on OCR threads.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5625

Although it doesn't cover Prot. Chop chop, Coopy! :P

Nah, that's a complete lie, and I dunno where you heard it from. As a panelist, lots of people hated Ari, but he was primarily responsible for the quality bar significantly going up, as well weeding out guidelines violations. I think his votes could have used more detail in a lot of cases, but that was the older days, and he usually gave his reasons. The whole time I was there, he wasn't biased in his decisions and never "refused to quantify" anything. In terms of speed, he was the most frequent voting judge on the panel before I joined. He did a lot to help the process, both in quality and speed.

And there you have it, folks. The word of someone with a clue.

No offense meant man. Sorry about the rude replies, but most of us basically hate Prot. He's a piece of crap who destroyed VGMIX 2, not to forget a list of other things.

He's a jerk. If you ever see him, punch him in the face for me.

From what I gather from what virt has said on multiple occasion, specifically the VGMix 3 panel at MAGFest, Prot didn't KILL VGMix, but he definitely put the nail in the coffin.

VGMix2 wasn't particularly what anyone wanted, and needed a lot of work. They couldn't really fix the code because deim0s coded the whole thing himself, didn't really comment or organize, and then disapeared leaving everyone kind of SOL as far as the site went unless they wanted to try to dig through it and figure it out themselves (I'm pretty sure richter did/is doing a lot of that). Once Prot took the site down, rather than try to bring back a site that was pretty broken internal already, they decided it was a good time to just take it down all together and iron out all their problems.

Which, from what I've heard, and from what I understand, VGMix 3, from a developer/backend/coding stand-point, is THE h0tness.

richter is sexay beast.

i don't like prot anymore because he used to spam im's at me that were just useless shit and annoying stuff, till i blocked him. yeah, his music's good, but he's still an annoying bitch who got pissed when someone told him he wasn't the shit.

that said, his music's good.

oh, and when did he get un-banned? i saw his aol-rip sig the other day in a super-old thread, and i was curious when his posts got unblocked.