What ever became of Prot's Sigma1.ogg WIP

Siamey

oh, and when did he get un-banned? i saw his aol-rip sig the other day in a super-old thread, and i was curious when his posts got unblocked.

He's still banned.

Was there a time when his posts were blocked? I don't remember ever not being able to see his posts. He doesn't appear in the members list, though.

Just out of curiosity, if Ari was to make an effort to return to the community, and if he wasn't "still a grade A asshole", would he be allowed back? Or would people still hold a grudge against him?

Personally, I wouldn't. The sad thing about Ari is that he's an incredibly talented musician, but rather than garner the respect he rightly deserves for his skill, He's ostracized himself from numerous online communities because of his attitude and his lack of ability to work with other people. Everybody loses. So in my opinion, if Ari was willing to come back with a better attitude, I'd say move on from there. Unfortunately, he's also proven that he has no problem hacking people simply because he can, which once again goes back to his attitude. So it could literally be a danger to the site to allow him back in.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not referring just to the VGMix incident. But in a logged chat Prot had with somebody from VGMix, he showed several different ways to use forum bugs to crash pages. He was supposedly showing the site admins how they could be compromised. At any rate, that chat at least proved that he had fiddled around with ways to hack VGMix specifically. Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore, but it was linked in the thread here about the VGMix crash.

Also, if I'm not too mistaken, I remember hearing something about him vandalizing some Wikipedia pages a while back. Don't know if that one's true or not.

I'm not referring just to the VGMix incident. But in a logged chat Prot had with somebody from VGMix, he showed several different ways to use forum bugs to crash pages. He was supposedly showing the site admins how they could be compromised. At any rate, that chat at least proved that he had fiddled around with ways to hack VGMix specifically. Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore, but it was linked in the thread here about the VGMix crash.

Also, if I'm not too mistaken, I remember hearing something about him vandalizing some Wikipedia pages a while back. Don't know if that one's true or not.

Seems you have a hard time with information, so before you continue to post cons, you should sit back and let people who actually know what they're talking about, talk.

Are you even contributing any solid information at all? Almost all of what you're saying is hearsay.

This is how rumors and misinformation spread. Cut it out, man. :\

Are you even contributing any solid information at all? Almost all of what you're saying is hearsay.

This is how rumors and misinformation spread. Cut it out, man. :\

shadowolf wasn't contributing any first-hand info, but all of the hearsay he mentioned about VGMix2 and Wikipedia was actually true. :lol:

Still, your info is such a mixed bag though, shadowolf, it's better to avoid posting about stuff you just "heard".

Get used to it. There's gonna be alot of these topics in the future. We've reached a point where new listeners will download Prot's stuff, notice that he was a fairly talented remixer, look him up on the forums, find out he's been banned, and want to know why.

To be honest, I think we should stick Shadowolf's explanation into some sort of FAQ that covers basic aspects of OCR's history. Stuff like "What Was the Orange Phase?", "What Happened to Protricity?", and the ever popular "Where Did Unmod Go?"

I think a sticky might cut down on these sort of catch up on OCR threads.

since when was Siamey a "new listener?"

and really, allegedly. people who hate prot saying that he hacked them isn't the best evidence.

shadowolf wasn't contributing any first-hand info, but all of the hearsay he mentioned about VGMix2 and Wikipedia was actually true. :lol:

Still, your info is such a mixed bag though, shadowolf, it's better to avoid posting about stuff you just "heard".

I think the point that some of us are trying to make is that it's over and done with, let's put this behind us and move forward.

Honestly though, even mentioning Prot at all is a bad idea. And I'm not faulting anyone for posting here about him, or the old situations, I'm just saying that it's like giving a reaction to someone who wants a reaction. All you're doing is gratifying said person's ego, and that kind of stroking is best left to someone else who can handle the person in question.

Well, something like that. All I can say is that from my own experiences from Prot, I wouldn't put it past him to do any of the bad things that people have said he's done, or things that he hasn't, but probably would've if he could've. I honestly just don't like the jerk.

since when was Siamey a "new listener?"

and really, allegedly. people who hate prot saying that he hacked them isn't the best evidence.

He's been on the site for 4 years and only has 200 posts. It's obvious he doesn't plug himself into the community as much as most, so he didn't know what happened to Protricity. I just think a sticky would be nice to help people who missed notable events in OCR history, like Virt's rebellion, Prot's banning, the sidebar jihad, and the nuking of unmod.

Twould be interesting if the forum was just set to filter his name anytime it was mentioned into something else..

that would have showed up by now, since people have posted his name and nick about ten times since the page started.

the pkmn project forum actually has a word filter to replace 'fag' with 'prot', because i felt like being a loser when it started.

I'm continuing to post hearsay because there's at least two people watching this thread who know what happened. I'd like to confirm whether or not anything I've heard is true, that's all. Because I'm a very curious little monkey.