Blizzard is making a "next gen MMO".

Bigfoot

I dunno, I think Diablo 2's graphics are fantastic as is. Usually you are too busy blasting through the game, but if you take the time to look around the world is incredibly detailed.

Anyway, anything Diablo related would make me extremely happy, but I have a feeling Blizzard won't release something that would compete directly with WoW, so a Diablo MMORPG type game might be too much to ask for. Starcraft 2 does seem like a big possibility.

Diablo anything could be bad though. I mean, if they made it an MMO, it'd have a lot slower gameplay like killing 1 monster at a time. I miss being my WW Barb and just blasting through like 20 monsters at the same time.

Diablo anything could be bad though. I mean, if they made it an MMO, it'd have a lot slower gameplay like killing 1 monster at a time. I miss being my WW Barb and just blasting through like 20 monsters at the same time.

If it's Diablo I'm sure they wouldn't abandon the gameplay that made the series so popular, or at least I hope not. They must know their own game franchise well enough.

[opinion]

If I had the option to tell Blizzard exactly what to make, and trust them to do it right, I'd want a StarCraft 2 worthy of the name. By worthy, I mean:

1) Heroes are NOT the center of the game - WC3 was essentially a party-based RPG with summoned monsters. Which I didn't appreciate.

2) Gameplay mechanics that revolutionize the genre - even if you didn't like SC, it WAS pretty much the first RTS with unique sides (contrast Age of Empires, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, SW: Empire at War, and WarCraft 2). Mix it up, take a chance, make the leap!

3) NOT MMO. Thanks, but if Blizzard's making it, you can be sure they're gonna charge for it, and I'd rather have $15 worth of Dr Pepper than a month's worth of playing a game I already bought. Give us (free) online options, sure, but don't FORCE us to play online.

Of course, as my pseudo-HTML shows, this is all my opinion. ;)

[/opinion]

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

Source : http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

At LAST it's official!

It just made too much sense that Starcraft 2 had to be released, with all their job-openings for "3D map makers" etc., and also the fact that the annoucement was made in Korea.

But, oh hell, this is great, great news. Can't wait until all the jaw-dropping salivating official websites and trailers are all completely released. I guess it was a bit anticlimactic with just a press-release to satiate our hunger for news, but then again, considering it was announced approximately 13 minutes ago, I guess I should be a little bit more patient.

Eagerly awaits developments on the sequel to one of the most loved games from the last decade.