OCR00726 - Final Fantasy VII "JENOVAD Trance"

Disco Dan

• 5 months later...

My congradulations to you, sir. You made a trance song sound great. Furthermore you made the Jenova theme sound better than the original. I think that's all that needs to be said; Pretzel got the rest. The author of the thread is right; I hope you intend on persuing music as a career.

That said... Jenova was funny? Oh. The... arm things... I admit it was kind of sad that something so blob-ish got such a nifty BGM. :) But I wasn't laughing when I was new to the game and she toasted me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only thing I can picture when I hear this song is...Jenova-Synthesis raving. At the end of its count down, it whips out glow sticks and takes a little ex. Then, after that, its only a matter of time before she starts to rave like a lunatic. Of course, everybody else joins in with her and they have a big party. Cloud dons his pacifier and his orange cargo pants,Tifa puts on her cat in the hat hat,Barret just starts break dancing like a fool...Well, you get the point. Tis song is awesome. Just...awesome.

• 2 months later...
For instance, I kept wondering what he was going to do with the brass parts (particularly the ascending trumpet near the end of the loop) that makes this piece what it is.

I completely agree on this part; my only beef with the song is the lack of that big progression at the end. See, there are two things that make it especially important: 1. It's the only major refutement to an otherwise entirely minor piece. 2. The chord progression is identical to the second half of the FF Prelude, connecting it intrinsically to the essence of FF. Mr. Uematsu does some fantastic thematic things with his chord structures, and I tend to miss them when they're gone.

Other than that, it was a good remix.

• 1 month later...

I was driving down the highway when I had this on a CD in my truck, and I kind of lost touch with my foot & the gas pedal. I looked down at the speedo and I was going 110! Lucky there were no cops :wink:

Good stuff.

Rythmic, pounding, killer trance.

I hope you become famous Haroon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Lots of comments on this one already, but i'll add another for good measure:

This is one of those "listen to late at nite, with all the lights off" kind of songs. As others have said, playing this in your car is definately enjoyable, but can have "speeding ticket" side effects. :-)

Not having listened to any bona-fide "trance groups", I don't know what the genre truly sounds like. That aside, this remix remains true to the original score but takes it to the next level with a faster pace and "spookier" instruments, which I liked. If your a fan of the Jenova Theme, then this is a must-have, in my opinion.

Thanks for yet another "OCRemix playlist" worthy title.

An "Old School" Gamer,

DKnight2066

• 1 month later...

As if the original isn´t fast enoughm FFMDJ made it go at full speed with an arrangement so great that my legs still haven´t stop moving after all this rhytm. Jenova does a good trance, good thing he remixed it for us so that we finally can enjoy the result of our wish-thinking. It has all the necessary, this has gone directly up to my trance-list at position #1.

Thanks again, FFMDJ. Now lets DANCE! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

this is, hands down, my favorite OC Remix to date. I just fell in love. It has that head rattling bass punch that too many people are afraid to use. of course the main synth line is my favorite part, but thats because i love Mother, now dont I? other things i did enjoy about this remix were its ending. In my opinion, this remix is simply the best trance song ive EVER heard. A+++++++++

I did like this remix, I had it on my MySpace for a while, like 2 weeks? I am a fan of alot of the FF7 remixes. Some of my favorites are...

• Internal Affliction
    Heart's Anxiety
    Sector 7 Hath Wraught The Angel
    Galvinized Boss
    Jenova for Classical Piano

This isn't on the top of the list though. Good mix, just not my favorite...

When is someone gonna make a FFXII remix? Hurry up with that... Sad that Uematsu didn't do all the scores though.

• 3 years later...

For some reason I can't help shake the feeling that this is a little generic. I mean it's techno, good techno, but nothing that really rocks the boat. As far as Jenova remixes go, I certainly have other favorites. Still I ultimately I feel about this mix the same way as I would a ham sandwich: neither good nor bad; it just is what it is.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00726 - Final Fantasy VII "JENOVAD Trance"