tetrisphere project: i quit

i want to remix an entire ost, by myself. i need a big project for this summer.

that said, i have NO idea which one to do. anyone have a suggestion? this probably is a requests thread, by design, but it's also a project thread for myself only, except for outside performers that i'll need (guitarists, mainly, guitarists and singers).

i'd like one that's under 60 tracks, if possible, and one that isn't non-vg music (like, if i did Halo 2, i'd have to skip the Steve Vai and Incubus tracks). EDIT: i want to do EVERY track on the OST of the game i pick, not just the good ones. hence, the limit on length.

the ones i'm thinking about so far are...

Halo 2

Fable (original, not the crappy remake)

Xenogears

Lufia 2

Tetrisphere

Illusion of Gaia

Soul Blazer

Fire Emblem

Ogre Battle

any suggestions? i KNOW there's a ton of untouched, good OSTs out there that i don't know yet. if someone mentions a good one from a game i've not played, i'll get it and play it to see how i like it. i'd appreciate a link to the OST, too, so i don't have to go digging for it.

well? any suggestions, anyone?

Remix Halo 2 because Marty O'Donnel and Michael Salvatori are fucking geniusses!!!

ok, i apparently missed some stuff when i went to bed last night =) here's what people have been saying.

fire emblem - just beat it last night.

tetrisphere - link to an ost, anyone?

ff legend -my first two mixes were fflegend 1 mixes =) and both on vgmix, too, if you want to look. very short osts, overall. just 12 tracks.

ogre battle - i NEED to play this game.

lufia 2 - that's four seperate people who want this.

legend of mana - i don't know this game, surprisingly.

and halo 2, still, because i love that game and that music.

i realize this is a huge project to do, but i think it'll be worth it for me and for the site when i'm done. i just am so bored with these loser projects on this site that take forever. i think that if i can complete a 40-song project in less time than it takes to haev forty mixers do one song, then i'll laugh for a few days and then try to get back all the sleep i lost =)

EDIT - i'm so glad no one noticed the grammar error that i made with the title...instead of putting i want, or i'm wanting, i did i'm want to...i'm a retard. =)

ok, i apparently missed some stuff when i went to bed last night =) here's what people have been saying.

ff legend -my first two mixes were fflegend 1 mixes =) and both on vgmix, too, if you want to look. very short osts, overall. just 12 tracks.

i realize this is a huge project to do, but i think it'll be worth it for me and for the site when i'm done. i just am so bored with these loser projects on this site that take forever. i think that if i can complete a 40-song project in less time than it takes to haev forty mixers do one song, then i'll laugh for a few days and then try to get back all the sleep i lost =)

EDIT - i'm so glad no one noticed the grammar error that i made with the title...instead of putting i want, or i'm wanting, i did i'm want to...i'm a retard. =)

you forgot my recommendation for Harvest Moon SNES...it was also seconded ;)

I'd really like to see Fire Emblem, out of those mentioned. I think any in the series would be cool to be remixed (though I'm only familiar with two of them: Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones), especially considering we only have one FE remix on the site currently.

I think some lesser-known OST's from famous series would be awesome. Examples include Zelda 2, Mario 2, Yoshi's Island, Megaman 6, Megaman X2, and Castlevania 4. I love all of those OST's, and think any of them would work great for you. What's more, the idea of an overlooked gem from a popular series appeals to me.

I'm going to put in a vote for Yoshi's Story. I like the soundtrack and all, but the main reason I suggest it is, knowing you, you could do some pretty cool things stylistically with it. Plus, I don't remember having seen a remix of any songs from that game here, or even on VGmix for that matter.

No one has mentioned this one yet. Killer Instinct Gold for N64 anyone? Great sound track with a wide variety of music.

Another good gem from Rare on the N64 is Blast Corp. Also a very diverse sound track.

KI link http://www.hcs64.com/usf/sets/prelim/Killer%20Instinct%20Gold%20-%20hcs/

Blast Corp link http://www.hcs64.com/usf/downcnt.php?blastcorpsusf.zip