tetrisphere project: i quit

Yes! Glad to hear the results! I greatly look forward to the end results.

I must also say that, regardless of the outcome, I would have looked forward to the results. However, now I will be even more excited. Good luck and thanks (in advance) for the great OST arrangement. Mouser X out.

yeah, it's going to be a lot of work doing them because the ost is so damn good. it just means i'll be doing a lot less techno than i normally would have done =)

honestly, though, it's a great game. really fun. probably one of the better puzzle games ever made, especially since it's just the n64 graphics that we're talking about here.

It'll be interesting to see how you handle Extol(My fave song thus far). Those vocal/choiral samples (of the ost) are good, but sound like they're from a badly arranged MOD file. Maybe it was a hardware limitation?

Edit: Ah, he just chopped up a sample from a sample CD. Still, not for being an N64 launch title, with all new(at the time) hardware. Research done.

Anyway, Good luck.

Contrasting Extol, Martist has some pretty clear vocal samples. Maybe he intentionally put a lot of reverb on tbe vocals of the former track?

My favorite track was always the intro one (Prophetic)...everytime I used to start the game I was so excited, bobbing my head as I pressed the start button. lol.

Anyway, good luck on this, Prophet man. I agree with you about the game...its gameplay was just as good as the soundtrack. It's the most innovative version of Tetris I've ever played.

Wow, never thought I'd see something like this being attempted. I actually tried a remix of Dog Robot back in the day, Prohphet might even know what I'm talking about. It was...weird, like the source ;). I can't wait to here what you do with the other gameboy style tracks (snowy mushrooms, anyone?).

i do remember that, actually - that was back on RA, right?

sappy is the track, and if anyone's got an mp3 of it i'd appreciate a linky.

as of today, Prophetic Title and Learn are done. they're both electronica, and both are unlike anything i've ever done before. i'll have up samples soon. Prophetic Title (now called "Title in Blue") uses only one synthesizer, Rob Papen's Blue v1.01...and as such is entirely unlike anything i've ever done before. i think it's pretty good, but it's a lot more synth-esque than anything i've ever done. Blue v1.01 is quite possibly the most versatile synth i've ever used, with 6 oscillators, two chained filterbanks, a built in sequencer and effects bay...it's great.

i got sappy. thanks for the help.

demos! thanks for hosting them, oa! i'm still editing these for production, but the arrangement is basically done. i know that it might not sound like much, but trust me when i say these aren't the best parts in the songs =) there's a significant amount of arrangement necessary for most of these tracks because of the rather simple nature of them - it's usually just a funky synth playing not much of a melody with a sweet beat and an offbeat bass. pretty simple for the most part. also makes it hard to really arrange anything, since i'm less into that kind of music and more into melodic stuff for the most part.

Title in Blue demo

Learn demo

• 2 weeks later...

Very good demos there Prophet, there only 3 songs of the original that I listen to. I think you could remix the rest to be bearable to listen to.

BTW, the 3 songs are Extol, Phony, an Zyp Zyp. But more Extol than the other two, it ranks the highest on my list out of the OST.

Edit: You're having trouble with the miniUSFs? Are you using Winamp(preferably a fresh install) and the ChipAmp pack? If you are having problems, then somethin's fishy there. And did you get a reliable..... uh... archive of the OST? I got mine off Zophar's Domain.