CDXtract and Roland cds...

My computer is having tremendous difficulty reading these roland cds using cdxtract. I have to open and close my cd tray several times in order for the cd to even load, and then about 50% of the time it fails to load a sample.

Does anybody have a solution? I tried making an iso but no programs that I use recognize that there's a disc in there.

I managed to get one of the discs extracted by using my roomate's computer; simply make an iso and move it over to my computer.

The problem is with the second, larger, and more important library. Trying to open the iso, or even the disc without any read errors using CDxtract results in two categories in the Volumes section; one with a line of funky y's with two dots over, and the other called _Orphan_perf, with one item in the performance category, again a line of funky y's with the two dots over them.

Nowhere in in sight are the actual samples.

Don't know if it will help, but at the back of the disc case in the corner, it says "ROLAND QLBROL"

I managed to get one of the discs extracted by using my roomate's computer; simply make an iso and move it over to my computer.

The problem is with the second, larger, and more important library. Trying to open the iso, or even the disc without any read errors using CDxtract results in two categories in the Volumes section; one with a line of funky y's with two dots over, and the other called _Orphan_perf, with one item in the performance category, again a line of funky y's with the two dots over them.

Nowhere in in sight are the actual samples.

Don't know if it will help, but at the back of the disc case in the corner, it says "ROLAND QLBROL"

I know CDXtract does create some weird stuff like those Orphan Perf folders, however somewhere in there yo ushould get usable files. Try converting to soundfont and then searching for all .sf2 around there? You could also look for other conversion utilities like Extreme Sample Converter.