Router Trouble & Questions

Penfold

Hey, so I need some help in regard to a wireless router problem I've been having. I had this problem with my Netgear WGR614v4, my Linksys WRT54G, and the router I'm currently using (basically a newer version of the WRT54G that's supposed to have better range or whatever). Basically, it works for a time (sometimes a few days, maybe a week, and in the worst cases sometimes only a couple hrs) then the connection dies. When I hook a computer up directly to the cable modem it works just fine. Anyway, it didn't seem to make a difference when I set up the computers/DS/Wii to static IPs. Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem? Does anyone know a good way to fix it, or can perhaps give me something that I should try? Did I just luck out and get three crappy routers? As an aside, I had set up a new Netgear router at my parents' house several months ago and that one doesn't seem to have this trouble.

Should I just get a new router? The reason I got the router originally was so I could get my DS online. Now that I'm sharing an apartment with a couple other guys, I need to be able to share the internet that way. Still, if anyone knows of a router that they would stronly recommend that they don't have this kind of problem with, I'd like to hear it...especially if they use it to take their DS/Wii online. For better reference, here is a list of routers Nintendo has tried out and rated for use with Nintendo Wifi Connection for the DS, though I understand that this list isn't complete and there are other routers that work just fine.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...