MEETUP: PHILLY, Pics page 10!

zircon

Oh so you can play trumpet and piano at your sister's wedding but you can't come out to Philly and play trumpet and piano for us?

Thanks a lot, jerkface. You know what? We didn't want you to show up anyway. Yeah, that's right, I said it.

Bitch, what?! Yeah... I know... but I've actually had this date planned since.. October of 2005... or something

The meet up is suspiciously congruent with my schedule on the epic journy up the east coast. How far is Philly from florida? We plan on flying to florida on the 13th and driving north toward New york maybe a day or two later and actually Stopping for my friend Phil to fill up on Philly cheese steaks!!. If it works you guys might be apart of the EPIC Adventure!and eat some yummies with us, yay.

Just don't go to Pat's or Geno's, they're overrated and just popular for tourists.

i liked pats

i have eaten at jims as well

where should i go

also for anyone who is gonna be in philly that friday i am probably gonna see fantastic 4 with my friends at some theater there

where should i go

i liked pats

i have eaten at jims as well

where should i go

also for anyone who is gonna be in philly that friday i am probably gonna see fantastic 4 with my friends at some theater there

where should i go

If you've been to Jim's the only other place I'd say is Tony Luke's, that and any little known street vendor. Pat and Geno's are like the Madden of cheesesteaks, just because they're popular doesn't mean they're the best.

As for movie theaters, I'd only been to the Riverview Plaza and The Bridge, I'd definitely recommend the latter over the former.

I hope I'm not going to be tour guide again, I don't even live there anymore.

bustatunez and I will be working on an itinerary. A few things we can do:

* Visit the place Jill works and get some drinks (The Bubble House - serves bubble tea and other stuff)

* Check the food court at the gallery, since it's cheap and affordable

* BBQ in the couryard @ my apartment complex

* Art Museum?

I realize that itinerary is not set in stone. Regardless, would we be doing all that on foot, or using SEPTA? If we would be using SEPTA, may I suggest our meeting place be near where one could get tokens/tickets. [insert joke about hard to find clothespin].

And put me on the list, jerk.

Also, I'd be bringing a friend, and while he hasn't posted here in years, he has ormgas on something like 24/7, and joined before I did

Hey y'all, so here's my idea -

We can congregate at city hall, it's super easy to find if you weren't here last time (I can go over directions later). So far it's looking like we'd start off at 12 noon, wait half an hour or so for people to show up, then head off.

Our first stop could be the gallery, which is kinda like an underground mall sorta thing. We'd just walk there, and along the way we can get SEPTA (our subway/bus system) tokens/daypasses from the transit store. If hungry ---> Eat at food court. We can also meet up with the Wizard World folks, it's just around the corner at the convention center. Maybe you guys could catch lunch with us?

After that we can take the subway down to Old City, which is kind of like the historical district and stuff. Supposedly the oldest continually-inhabited area in the country, they apparently have yearly reenactments and open houses etc. It's a fun area to explore, and we can walk around to see stuff like the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's house, etc.

There's also a Dave & Busters arcade over on 325 Columbus, it's not terribly far of a walk north from Old City.

And from there, we can walk+bus over to South Street. It's kind of the fun / touristy center of Philly, and that's where we'll be forcefeeding you guys cheesesteaks and water ice. There's tons of cool shops there, especially if you're into weird bizarre morally-questionable stuff (like leather! :-)). There's also a big poster shop and other fun stuff. I reiterate, leather!

Any other ideas? And does everyone know how to get to City Hall?

Ah true! Maybe we could keep it simple and meet at the same place as last time, on the western side near 15th and Market street (opposite the giant clothespin).

Or, we can be cool and meet in the center, and pretend like it's a gateway to four different worlds in the center of the universe!!!

Not the giant clothespin, Zircon will never find it.

Seriously though the Western side would probably be better. Even though the center would be easier to find for those unfamiliar with Philadelphia, there would most likely be too much foot traffic that we'd be clogging.

bustatunezesez'ss's plan seems to take up most of the day as it is. The only way I (and my guest) could stay really late is if we could somehow spend the night in Philly since I have a 2hr+ drive back home.

Oh we can/should totally take some of the stuff out, I was just listing possibilities so we don't end up aimlessly standing around wondering what to do like last time ;)

But for example, the arcade is in the opposite direction from everything, and we could just go straight over to south street and eat lunch there instead of eating at the gallery's food court. We'd still go down there to get tokens (and visit comic folks?) though, but yeah we can totally x out the arcade and even olde city.

If we really want some arcade-ish funtimez, one of y'all can bring your Wii and some games, I can bring my gamebridge and some PS2 stuff, and we can play on two screens at once over at Andy's (his TV and his comp). Any Wii-having volunteers?

And who needs to stay somewhere overnight?