MEETUP: PHILLY, Pics page 10!

zircon

AAAARRGGHH!!! I don't know if I'll make it. I need to convince my boss, but as of right now I work from 4-9:30... My girlfriend will show only if I do, it seems.

I can accomodate 2-3 people. If really needed I can manage 2 more on the floor, but I already have minimal blankets and pillows... Thus, At best I can accomodate 3 more people if someone brings sheets and/or pillows (I need to take inventory).

Faduger, I'm about to PM my address. The offer remains regardless of whether I show, but I will re-iterate that I kinda have to kick everyone out by 8:30 because I have work at nine. It's better than nothing.

If you've checked the weather forecast for Philadelphia, you'll see that there are isolated t-storms predicted tomorrow starting at 4PM - 30% chance. This may change by tomorrow, but we're making some backup plans just in case. If it seems like rain is likely, we're probably going to cut out south street and head to the apartment after lunch in center city. Jill and I got a tarp and some rope which we'll have ready in case we need it for outside.

HOPEFULLY we won't need to use it...

If you've checked the weather forecast for Philadelphia, you'll see that there are isolated t-storms predicted tomorrow starting at 4PM - 30% chance. This may change by tomorrow, but we're making some backup plans just in case. If it seems like rain is likely, we're probably going to cut out south street and head to the apartment after lunch in center city. Jill and I got a tarp and some rope which we'll have ready in case we need it for outside.

HOPEFULLY we won't need to use it...

By 4 I would think we would have already been at, or currently on, South Street, in which case we could seek shelter in one of its many zany stores.

I'm definitely coming by the next Philly meetup, whenever that is. The trip's shorter than I thought.

Baltimore was longer than I thought. I dunno why I didn't make that connection: Baltimore = Maryland = close to D.C. Eep.

I'll be on my way in the morning; as usual, I hope I make it on time. I also hope the BBQ doesn't run too late, 'cause I'm afraid I can only spare that day, and will have to head home that night. I'll call if there are any difficulties.

It is official. I, and my girlfriend, WILL be there. From Noon until the end! No work at all!

As far as predicting rain, I've learned a neat yet accurate trick using the leaves of certain types of trees. If the points of the leaves are pointing up, it is, indeed, going to rain. Unfortunately, I don't know how many of these trees are in center city. (btw, I've seen it work on several occasions, I just don't know if its foolproof)

Okay, here's my Directory of Pics!

And Here's the Zip!

A few group highlights:

Hats in the Belfry! Bahamut, Kutrayn, Laura, Jiggles McPuff, Meg, José the Bronx Rican, bustatunez, and zircon

13.jpg

At Penn's Landing. Spencer, Laura, Kutrayn, Merk, bustatunez, José, Dyne, Meg, Jiggles, zircon, and Bahamut

18.jpg

Everybody at the BBQ

21.jpg

Making s'mores... dangerously ^_~

24.jpg

I'm posting at zircon & pixietricks' place, and the meetup was great as to be expected. First we met up at City Hall (and for some strange reason everyone was late) - after waiting an hour, we met up with Darkesword, his brother, and Atma and headed to the Gallery for lunch. After, we then went down to South Street and looked around the shops and stopped around Penn's Landing, where we then decided to head back to here for the bbq. Much food & fullness later, we went to get bubble tea at the Bubble House, pixietricks' work place and then said a heartfelt goodbye :cry: .

Here's a gem from #ocremix though!

[01:20am] Kroze: http://www.soundtempest.net/jill/ocr/june07philly/26.jpg <-- OMG, thats perfect

[01:23am] F4T4L: Kroze : that pic just screams "I'M GONNA EAT YOU UP, BIG BOY!!" followed by a sensual lip-licking