MEETUP: PHILLY, Pics page 10!

zircon

What's with the "We Love You" balloon?

So originally, Jill saw someone selling balloons right along the street since it was Drexel's Commencement on that same day, so we all paid for the balloon to randomly give to someone at the meetup, but then it just ended up becoming the meetup balloon, full with cheesy love you effects and traveling with us everywhere until it made a full circle here at Jill & Andy's place.

So originally, Jill saw someone selling balloons right along the street since it was Drexel's Commencement on that same day, so we all paid for the balloon to randomly give to someone at the meetup, but then it just ended up becoming the meetup balloon, full with cheesy love you effects and traveling with us everywhere until it made a full circle here at Jill & Andy's place.

Yeah, and on a breezy day, no one knew how to hold the damn thing without it constantly bumping into people and in danger of being ripped by trees, stoops and lampposts. I had it hands-free, looped around the waist and floating from my front side; that's how it's done. But that was probably no fun to a lot of you. :razz:

Yeah, and on a breezy day, no one knew how to hold the damn thing without it constantly bumping into people and in danger of being ripped by trees, stoops and lampposts. I had it hands-free, looped around the waist and floating from my front side; that's how it's done. But that was probably no fun to a lot of you. :razz:

I don't know about you, but I intentionally was hitting people with the balloon :lol: .

And I didn't realize that the bus from Philly to NYC was so bad...when I was there at 8:30 or so, there was a hugeass line already for the 9 pm bus. At least they brought out 2 buses though, so I came into the city at the time I expected...but still too late for a train home, yay late night Metro North :sad: .

I'll comment. Four way chess took way too long. And I was the first to die. It was still fun. I can't believe I lasted as long as I did.

I love the "dead worm in a puddle" song. That poor worm. He's only got this sad song to remember him by.

The Bubble Tea place was cool. Me and Kutrayn are going to have to go back there and take my sister. She loves tea.

I completely didn't notice anyone taking a picture of my shirt at the barbeque...

and I'm surpised no one has commented about the four way chess...

I'm somewhat surprised myself. I've never seen four-way chess before, and I figure that maybe it might inspire the OCR Chess League to find a way to put that together. Still, you know how long the games would be?

By the way, we haven't heard from Jiggles or Meg yet.

I'm somewhat surprised myself. I've never seen four-way chess before, and I figure that maybe it might inspire the OCR Chess League to find a way to put that together. Still, you know how long the games would be?

By the way, we haven't heard from Jiggles or Meg yet.

Our game toook, what? Maybe three or four hours? But that's because we kept the game failry casual and Jose was kind enough to allow us to eat during his ::achem:: brief turns.

If other chess league were to start up four-way chess, they would probably incorporate the timer system (which I personally hate). Logically, with the same time limit, It would be maybe twice as long as a normal timed game (but who knows for sure?). Otherwise, there's all sorts of new things to affect them.

~Do they play a free-for-all game or teams?

~Do they play free-for-all but eliminate competition, as if on teams?

~How do they work the check mate? Either all peices under a taken King are removed from play, all the peices are unable to move but able to be taken, or the remaining peices are given to the taker of the King (expanding their forces).

~Other things I don't remember.

This game really does take a duel and turn it into a war. Dichotomies arise in strategy. "I'm Gold. Silver just put Black into checkmate and will take Black's King on the next turn. Unless I decide to take Silver's Queen on my turn. But if I take Silver's Queen, Black will escape because I can't take him with my Bishop." What's more valuble now? A King or a Queen?

Actually, the ability to sacrifice yourself to shorten or lengthen a game also makes cheating an issue.

...It's definately a fun game when played casually.