OCR00112 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Power Puppet"

Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) 'Power Puppet'

Jivemaster's interpretation of Sonic 3D's Panic Puppet Zone remixed is a darkish type mood. Fairly techno, a bit minimal, making use of a thumping reverberated bass drum, a thickish bass and a plethora of synths. I must say the song is quite different from the original, which is how I intended it, keeping it mainly bass orientated while using other synths to add variation. My real gripe with this was my choice to leave the clap right above the kick, which consequently causes quite a bit of distortion at times. Panning slightly to the left or right would have been a good idea, or I could have laid off the compression a bit. I was pretty happy with it overall, but looking at it now, I could have done much more.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

YES YES YES YES YES. Jivemaster really knows how to bring back some good memories. This has got to be one of the Best mixes I have heard in a long time. I was on the edge of my set, no doubt this is now a favorite of mine. Mad Props Jivemaster. I'm Out!!!!!

X

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Eh? Is this supposed to be hardcore? The tempo and BD say, 'yes.' Those filtered arps say, 'no.' That makes my brain say, 'no.'

The lo-fi strings are a nice touch. Overall the song is way too repetitive. It's kinda like one short song played twice. And there's just not much going on. I mean, I'd still dance to it after a few drinks, but only after a few drinks.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe i'm too purist, but...I can't seem to get the feel of this...I love the originals, and i think even slightly changing that bass wasn't a good call, as that WAS the theme, save for the super-synthy pulse of the game's theme...Not my type of ReMix...A good job, but not my type of ReMix...

• 2 months later...

Well I can mildly say that this one caught my attention from the beginning, it began with a blast with high-paced synths and beats, lots of them. This is one of those typhical remixes that you can't sit still and listen to, since there's always your left foot or head that starts bopping or at least moving along the rhytm.

Compared to the beginning, it was rather calm after about one minute or so, then took an another gasp of breath and started out once again, only to stale into something more slow. It was mainly the same samples being used, there wasn't a moment when suddenly a new element jumped out of the shadows to surprise you with a new melody or beat. The best part of this remix was the beginning, that I can say.

once again Jivemaster controls chaos.

MOAR LIEK CHAOS EMERALDS M I RITE? :roll:

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

There definately seems to be pieces missing from this. You can almost hear the imprints of where things had once been, or at least should have been.

It's okay for what it is: very standard, dark techno. But I really think it's one of the obvious early ones.

It's a good base, but I would have wanted more built upon it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Certainly fills the role of a tense "gotta go now!" theme. While I hear places where things could be taken to the next level, for what is here, it sounds like it would be perfect for an old PC race game, especially with the bass, so it has something I can relate to at least.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00112 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Power Puppet"