Super Mega Fun Collab!!!

K, so I started off trying to remix a song by soc, and it ended up into something original (or very very faint remix).

At that point I decided I need saxamaphoners to play some sexy sexy riffs.

At THAT point, I thought it would fun to do a huge freestyling collab type thing.

As of now, I'm open to pretty much anything going into this (as long as it fits). It's not meant to be anything HUGE, just a little something simple.

So if YOU can play something (sax, vocals, piano, etc.) and you can get it recorded (higher the quality the better), then I want YOU!!

A couple of rules:

1) Make sure your playing is good/on time. Re-do it if need be.

2) Make sure you have decent sound quality. If it's really poor I probably won't accept it.

I think that's it. I trust most of you know what you're doing...

Here is the basic layout for the song. Bassline goes from E, to D, and loops.

Have super mega fun!!! =D

ok, so the reaction I'm getting from this is pretty sweet.

SwordBreaker, I have gotten your vocals and they're pretty rockin'. I'm just wondering if you're using a pro/semi-pro mic? The quality sounds a little weird when trying to mix it (otherwise I've found out I suck at mixing vocals D=!!)

Plus it goes pretty well with Taucers guitar =D

andyjayne, sweet sweet sweet sweet piano/e-piano. Is it possible to get each individual sample from you? High encoded MP3 is fine.

ok, so the reaction I'm getting from this is pretty sweet.

SwordBreaker, I have gotten your vocals and they're pretty rockin'. I'm just wondering if you're using a pro/semi-pro mic? The quality sounds a little weird when trying to mix it (otherwise I've found out I suck at mixing vocals D=!!)

Plus it goes pretty well with Taucers guitar =D

andyjayne, sweet sweet sweet sweet piano/e-piano. Is it possible to get each individual sample from you? High encoded MP3 is fine.

Thanks, man. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'm using a Shure SM57, which is what this community highly recommended. The weird quality could be a byproduct of the production I did with the vocals...it could be that I overcompressed them or something. Or it could be because I don't have a decent soundcard; I'm using my laptop's default SoundMAX soundcard and I'm plugging the mic directly into my laptop's microphone jack...

BTW don't forget to post the track with everything mixed together. It'll be nice to hear the results.

Alrighty. So I compiled everything so far in a little short song.

Click Me

Because Taucer gave me a recording of the guitar with the original track, I used that as the main file, and having the guitar and e-piano playing at the same time was a little too much, I left out the e-piano. (Although I left a bit of it in...didn't want to completely leave it out :) ).

Surprisingly no sax =o .

Oh well, fun fun.