Heroes

linkspast

Do you guys watch this show? Its pretty amazing. The last episode was awesome... I figure a few of us watch it, so I am making a thread. oh and its almost 2am so if i sound like a retard thats why.

But for reals. This show is amazing, I want to see how they can end this season and still leave it open for the second one. Any ideas?

I love Heroes! and flying man!

I'm hoping they end the season on a strong note. In other words, I hope Sylar gets what's coming to him. I don't want anything to be dragged out on this show like on every other show out there right now. If this one is to really stick out and keep me watching, it needs to come to some hard conclusions and offer a decent resolution that pays off for having watched all season long. Besides, that way the heroes can tackle something else entirely next season, which I already can't wait for, btw.

I still can't figure out why future-Peter has a scar. What happened to his healing ability?

I've only recently started watching this show. I just finished episode 7 and have more queued in uTorrent. So far so good--although it seems to have a trend of two fantastic episodes followed by a dull one, as I didn't care for episodes 3 and 6. I'm hoping this trend doesn't continue.

The show is pretty interesting, but I've missed about twenty of the episodes, so I have NO idea what's going on.

I like future Hiro's voice (saw the most recent episode,) and I'm guessing that's what he sounds like in realilty.

Personally, I'd just rather watch another X-men movie, though.

I'm still not sure if that explains why he didn't heal. :P

Peter can control his powers - turn them on and off. I bet he never healed it because he wanted it as a reminder of the deaths he caused.

Or, y'know, plot hole. Whichever.

Originally Posted by Hale-Bopp viewpost.gif

I still can't figure out why future-Peter has a scar. What happened to his healing ability?

I'm thinking that it is from when he explodes but survives.

Hopefully it'll get explained before the end of the season...I don't think they would have messed something like that up. I was actually wondering the same thing when I was watching that.

Absolutely great series. I just hope it doesn't wind up like Lost did.. strong for the first 2 years, then full of nothing but shit from then on.

Then again, if they're going to switch it up, make it new volumes with new casts and new storylines each season, that could make things quite interesting, and really extend the life of a show, because you can't really get tired of it.

Here ya go.. No worries, there's at least a second season for Heroes.

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?sls_id=6158&ref_type=101&ref_id=17552&tag=updates;title;0

Why did future-Hiro try to get the younger him to kill Sylar rather than, say, going back and doing it himself? Also, when Ando died, why did Hiro not just go back and move him out of the way?

Also, couldn't Peter just freeze time in his fight with Sylar and kill him easily?

Why did future-Hiro try to get the younger him to kill Sylar rather than, say, going back and doing it himself? Also, when Ando died, why did Hiro not just go back and move him out of the way?

Time-space continuum. He can't go back and directly influence events in his own life, but that doesn't stop the past from visiting the future and changing events. Why future Hiro didn't just do his research and track down Sylar and kill him before the old professor found him, I don't understand. It'd prevent all the death and destruction and general badness from even happening, and everyone would be better off. The cop wouldn't have been at the crime scene, so his telepathy would have developed under far less stressful situations, for example.

Love the show. Hiro's such an AWESOME character. He really acts like one of those anime dudes; jittery and hilarious. I especially loved the part where he parodied Dr. Brown from Back to the Future, "Great Scott-o!". LOL.

Man...his future image kicks ass too.

Peter Petrelli kind of reminds me of a young Sylvester Stallone (the way his mouth is crooked to the side when he talks or screams).

In the current future (where the present Hiro and Ando teleported to), Peter *didn't* save the cheerleader, and therefore didn't get her power and can't heal.

In the current future (where the present Hiro and Ando teleported to), Peter *didn't* save the cheerleader, and therefore didn't get her power and can't heal.

Yeah he did. We saw her alive. Future Hiro going back in time altered the future.

Yet somehow, Claire survived, even though Sylar gained her healing power, which would require him to, I'm guessing, rip her brain out.

Does that mean she was left to be a brainless cheerleader?

And if Peter didn't have the healing power, does this mean that even going critical wouldn't cause the affected one to die from the explosion?

Also, anyone else smirk, at the whole Fire/Ice thing they had going on there, at the end of the episode? And why would Peter be surprised at all, that his brother would have died, when he was standing right there for the blast?

That last episode left too many questions and no answers at all. When they confronted Claire's dad, they told him that Claire was alive. It's assumed in that timeline, Claire was killed by Syler, allowing him to get her power.. but he has the healing power, with Claire surviving.

I wonder if it might have been a result of the timelines blending together, with Hiro and Ando in the original future. And why the hell can't Hiro just go further into the future, get more information, then go back and really put an end to it?

I tell ya.. Hiro is the best part of the show, but he sure isn't very smart.

No, in the future Hiro and Ando arrive in, the cheerleader was saved, and Sylar did not have the healing power. It was future-Hiro that didn't know because he had not witnessed those events in the past and apparently didn't know he succeeded with his trip to the past. Any number of explanations work for that, such as they arrived just as future Hiro came back from the trip or future Hiro never got a chance to find out.

Sylar didn't "regain" the healing power until he finds Claire again in that episode. As he said to her at the time, he was looking for her for a long time because her power more or less makes him immortal.

I can't stand the show at all. It is slow and incredibly contrived. There isn't anything actually interesting going on. the writing is all about trying to get the audience to think "OMG WUT??" every five or six minutes.

It's better than Lost, where you spend some 30+ minutes of the show dealing with pointless, mind-numbing back story of the characters, and 12 minutes where you're dealing with the situation at hand.. if that.

I can't stand the show at all. It is slow and incredibly contrived. There isn't anything actually interesting going on. the writing is all about trying to get the audience to think "OMG WUT??" every five or six minutes.

Just because you don't understand what's going on doesn't make it a bad show.

Anyways, here's my theory on the whole future thing:

Originally, nobody saves Claire so Sylar gets her power. During a fight with Sylar, Future Hiro stabs him (because Isaac's comic book said to) and he regenerates. FHiro escapes and some time later, Peter explodes but survives because he's immune to his own radiation (like Ted).In the process, he kills a bunch of New York, but none of the main characters (except for Ando). Nathan blames Sylar for the explosion to save Peter, making FHiro think that Sylar killed Ando. FHiro then goes back in time and warns Peter to save Claire. Meanwhile, Sylar goes around and sneakily kills much of the cast (DL and Nathan, for instance). Because of FHiro's time-travel, the Original Future is changed to Alternate Future

The only difference here is that Sylar never gets Claire's healing power, leaving her alive. Sylar himself is still alive because Past Hiro travels into the future and never gets around to stabbing Sylar. Otherwise, everything else is prety much the same. Now PHiro will go back in time to stab Sylar (although the actor who plays Sylar has supposedly been given a recurring role next season, so who knows wat will actually happen).