djpretzel - Final Fantasy VI 'The Sveldt'

Kaijin - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'BluestSky'

Kaijin - Chrono Cross 'RadicalDreamersAngelic'

McVaffe - Final Fantasy IX 'MelodiesofLife Arranged'

McVaffe - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 'CrystallineCaverns'

McVaffe - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'The Darkness And The Light'

Am I doing it right??

Short playlist.

There are some remixers that are lesser known (ie: they remix obscure games and don't get recognition for it.)

I recommend listening to GaMeBoX, Lousyspy, Tepid, Rimco, Flik, RoeTaKa and Kadmium in particular. phoenixdk is a new remixer who's impressed me a lot lately. He's had a remix put up recently (Crypt Rock.)

And of course, a bit of TO & Bladiator never goes astray. ;)

I usually have itunes just endlessly play songs. about a third of them are unchecked (meaning they won't play unless I tell it to), and of those remaining two thirds, probably three quarters are video game arrangements. that means my video game "playlist" is (3198 total songs)*(3/4)*(2/3) ~=~1600 songs long

that sounds high to me but it's definitely more than 1000 songs long.

Mines is even longer than Doulifée's. At least 3 times. I really need to cut that one down.

And what the hell is that 'Feel Blue Ink' playlist? I mean, i can guess the others, but ... Feel Blue Ink?

be aware that this is just my playlist on my newest computer. only recent ocremix are in there. the older one as the ultimate playlist called "Stuff of legend" with a lot of stuff listed. :)!!

Fatty Acid's Madame Balamb is a must listen. If you go to vgmix to their lost songs thread it's somewhere in the middle. Also Quinn Fox's Edit Automation is in the same thread.

If you like some chill stuff like Blue Magic check out songs by EgM and also Destructo. Dirge of the Frosty Plains comes to mind.

Check out some of the music from the Doom games alot of the remixes are friggin sweet.

I just have every OCR remix (plus a few DoD and VGMixes) in a big playlist which I keep of shuffle.

1665 songs

4.5 days of music at 6.99GB

Same, but I mix it up with some Rammstein, Apocalyptica and E Nomine. German musics for the win!

Also, 1748 songs,

4.8 days at 8GB

Mines is even longer than Doulifée's. At least 3 times. I really need to cut that one down.

And what the hell is that 'Feel Blue Ink' playlist? I mean, i can guess the others, but ... Feel Blue Ink?

Just the playlist with all the emo songs on there like Ohio is for Lovers, Crawling, Blue and Yellow, etc. I got bored trying to think of a name for that playlist and I was listening to Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz at the time so yeaaa...

No, this is not a rip off of the other thread posted today.

About once a week, someone posts a "I'm looking for piano mixes and..." or "what songs are good for driving" thread either in community or here. So, to cut some of that out and to provide a resource, I posted this thread to develop playlists that could be collectively added to be each member of the community. The mixes can be from here, vgmix, dod, wherever. As long as they meet a bare minimum requirement -say, the vgmix2 definition of remix- it's eligible. To keep very high quality though, I think that each playlist should be able to fit onto a single CD. 12-15 songs, 70 minutes of music max. I know that I know absolutely nothing about music, so I'm pretty flexible to acquiescing to the opinions of others on this thread.

I know that pigeonholing remixes is discouraged here, but I think the spirit of the site is on my side. The primary reason that songs aren't categorized according to genre are to keep people from searching for either "ALL TECHNOZ" or "NO TECHNOZ", and doing so is close minded. I think, however, that something like this could be beneficial by highlighting either old remixes or obscure songs found elsewhere in the community. Furthermore, at this point in time, it is much more feasible to actually be able to find a dozen songs that fit under a given heading and don't suck.

I'm going to leave this posted for an hour or so before actually posting any actual playlists to get some reaction and to give the mods a chance to lock the thread and tell me to shut the hell up.

I'll post my current Car CD when I get home. Warning, tis mostly goat and SnappleMan and Braincells and shit. Great for encouraging aggressive driving.

I sometimes listen to the FzeroGX soundtrack while driving on occasion...makes for some fun (though nerdy:|) driving.

This is what I had in mind more:

Piano-Only Remixes:

Live from Yggdrasil by JigginJonT (6:18)

The Trial in Concert by Spekkosauras (7:48)

Sugar, Water, Purple by Shnabubula (5:28)

Jenova for Classical Piano by Noir (7:05)

600 A.D. in Piano by kLuTz (3:00)

A Clockwork Vampire by Dhsu (2:52)

Psi Piano Omega by Shnabubula (4:03)

O Say can Yoshi by Bladiator (2:46)

The Flood Plain by JigginJonT (5:19)

JAZZ PIANO by Shnabubula (3:48)

Nayru's Love by Dhsu, Graylightning (2:43)

Dream of a Shore Bordering a New World by gutzaplus (3:38)

A Link to the Piano by Zoola (5:07)

Anachronism by Shnabubula (5:11)

Suicide for Two Pianos by Bladiator (4:21)

Total: 69:27

Remixes You Could Hypothetically be Played on That Radio Station That Plays Only Stuff That Appears on Total Request Live (meaning quality rock or pop remixes with lyrics; no rap or hip hop):

The Ken Song by Joe Darwish

Summer-Time by Halle-Bopp

Little Mac's Confession by Game Over

Bust This Groove '81 by AkumajoBelmont

Falling Back by Darangen

Timeless Hero by LuiZa

Dreams Come True by Star Salzman

Cataclysmic Clash by Game Over

Wings of Gold by virt

Norfair Tenement Blues by Neskimos

Forever Until Tomorrow by Star Salzman

Knuckleduster by Daniel Baranowsky

Lover Reef by at least 100 different people

(55 minutes- room left for three more songs)

Other possible playlists:

Synthpop

Trance

Metal

Driving

"Aggresive Driving"

Dark Atmospheric

Sleeping

Easy Listening

House

etc.

I sometimes listen to the FzeroGX soundtrack while driving on occasion...makes for some fun (though nerdy:|) driving.

Makes for driving where you want to speed non-stop you mean. There's a reason I don't have any FZero-GX tracks on my playlist. Which is as follows.

Oh fuck. iTunes went and deleted it. Well, plenty of BrainCells, goat, SnappleMan - all the guitar-heavy stuff. Makes you want to put your foot down.