Mario Strikers Charged Intro FMV!!

SwordBreaker

http://mariostrikers.nintendo.fr/

Thanks to The Hylia for bringing this teaser site to my attention. Man, oh, man...the FMV ROCKS. I love the atmosphere and style of Strikers Charged...it's even a lot cooler than the prequel. 11/10 for awesome cyberpunk-based style. 10/10 for music...awesome guitar-riffs. The only thing that annoys me is that there's no lip-syncing when characters yell out their catch-phrases, a problem which was also present in the previous game...

If they make a real Mario action/adventure game with this type of cyberpunk graphics style, count me in (as long as they don't overdo it like what they did with Bomberman Act Zero for 360). Seriously, this type of freshness is what Mario games need.

Shit that's sweet. I missed the first game, because I didn't have anyone to play sports games with. But even people that hated those kind of games in the past love sports on the Wii, so I'm there...

... if I can get any money.

I would care a lot more if I didn't think the first one was a terrible game.

I wouldn't go so far to call it terrible, but it was quite shallow, even for a Mario sports title. Here's hoping this sequel adds some more depth, especially where technique is concerned. Though minigames are desperatly needed...

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the Strikers games portray these guys as violent, hardcore, possibly insane soccer hooligans? He jumped out of a plane into the arena!

;267858']I wouldn't go so far to call it terrible' date=' but it was quite shallow...[/quote']

Yeah, for sure.

I had a lot of fun playing the game for the first couple days. And it was even more fun playing in tournaments with friends. But there's not a lot to the game... it wore out pretty quickly.

Hopefully this new incarnation can get it right.

Well considering that Strikers Charged has an online mode, I guess that the single player replay value will be quite good. It sucks that the online mode is regional instead of being worldwide, though.

Man...I can't get enough of that FMV. Whoever remixes that rock track for OCR would be my hero. :P

see this i think is pathetic

HOLY CRAP THE GAME HAS ONLINE

that shouldnt be a big deal

and yeah who the heck cares about the intro video anyway

the game could still be utter garbage, as i expect it to be

see this i think is pathetic

HOLY CRAP THE GAME HAS ONLINE

that shouldnt be a big deal

It shouldn't be a big deal, but it is in Nintendo's standards. As the only console (not handheld) which hasn't adapted online gameplay to its full potential, this is a big deal for those who own a Wii. Granted, I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that it sucks that Nintendo's kind of late into 'the game'. Better late than never, though.

I totally agree that this shouldn't be a big deal, but it's good to be a little optimistic and see this as the start of good things to come. Sure, the online service has come in very late, but in a year or maybe just a few months from now no doubt people won't really care how long it took Nintendo to implement it. 6 or so months, afterall, isn't that much in the overall product cycle of a games console.

Don't assume, however, that I'm trying to stick up for Nintendo on this matter - there are loads of games out already that are good as they are, but would have been awesome with online play. Thanks to Nintendo, we'll never get to play them like that.

Zidane as a secret character.

I looked at that and thought it said Tidus as a secret character. In retrospect, wouldn't that make more sense? Blitzball is sort of like soccer...except it's in water.

And on a side note, what does everyone hate about Mario Strikers? It's pretty fun, I thought, lots of fun tackling and shooting and throwing items at everyone and what not, what's not to like?

I looked at that and thought it said Tidus as a secret character. In retrospect, wouldn't that make more sense? Blitzball is sort of like soccer...except it's in water.

And on a side note, what does everyone hate about Mario Strikers? It's pretty fun, I thought, lots of fun tackling and shooting and throwing items at everyone and what not, what's not to like?

well I only played it for like 2 minutes but

no bgm

field is TINY

now im not sure here, but I think he was referring to the soccer player Zidane who got all that attention from headbutting the guy last year. Though I wouldnt mind seeing some FF characers being used in more mario sports games, afterall we did get some in that 3 on 3 Mario Basketball game.