Megaman II - Untitled Flashman Remix

First off, i just want to say that i love the energy you have here.

There are production issues and parts where things could be changed, but whats really cool is that you just go for it, you aren't timid about it.

there is alot going and and it seems very compressed, and you could bring it down a tad in some places, but i just really like the fact that you just dive in in go for it.

i like the chopped strings in the begining melody, thats tight shit.

keep on truckin man

btw what program are you using?

I'm working with Reason, mostly because it was the first program I was able to get a hold of. I may experiment with other ones in the future.

Yeah, I had thought the first part had sounded pretty busy, which was why I left the second half with only the principle instruments and the bass track. Which sounds better?

I'm thinking to change up the ending as well. Assign some of the instruments different cues (Synth changes to strings, vice versa).

I can't help but notice this is a "work in progress". Of course I haven't put a mystifying heart-wrenching solo into it. The idea is it would take several incarnations based on feedback before it was deemed complete.

If you're not going to say anything constructive and denounce me based on the piece of software I invested in, then you can petition OCRemix to remove Reason, and just trash the WIP section while you're at it.

And it was NSF2MIDI. Which gives me a whopping four tracks and a crappy percussion to start with. Get it right.

No amount of progress can save this. It is not music. You just ripped off some guy who worked his ass off to create the MIDI you used, all you did was put a really bad drum loop over it, and ruin it by changing the patches and taking out the rhythm section which is the best part of the original song. You fail.

It doesn't really matter if you used an existing MIDI or NSF2MIDI, it would be acceptable if you put some effort into it, and knew what you were doing BEFORE you tried to create a song. Learn some music before you try this again. If you can't be bothered to learn something, then you are destined to keep failing and wasting everyones time.

Snappleman has got a big point. Where's the musical interpretation?

I do personally like the 'technical' manipulation of the string synths in the beginning and parts throughout the song, but I don't know if those are taken from midi source or not.

Snappleman highlights a bigger message for all WIP remixers which is don't post something until you've established some MUSICAL deviation from the source via chord structures, melody alteration, etc. and have made it into your own song.

I didn't take out the rhythm section, it's not there yet. I'm still at a loss at just what I want playing it. But now this is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. And it's not just a matter of "putting it in there", the right balance needs to be struck between the main tune and the supporting rhythm.

I thank you both, and I'll be back with more later.

You're like the AD of the WiP forum, SnappleMan.

Wow MegaUpload blows. First enter a code in a hard to find text box, then wait for 45 seconds just to download a file? And I could do without the poker pop-up. What poot.

Ok, the volume levels in the intro are awful. Turn it down, please. Nevermind, turn the volume down for the whole song... The drums are the worst I've heard in a long time, and I can usually only hear the main melody, which drowns everythings else. Really, I'm sure your investment in Reason will pay off in the long run, but for now, you should have settled for a mod tracker or something. At least they're free. I know I can't afford Reason...

Nevermind, SnappleMan, this really isn't very good. PlayItBogart, sit down and

1. Listen to your mix

2. Listen to this mix

3. Repeat 5-10 times.

After comparison, do you think your mix is good, PIB? I mean, do you enjoy listening to it yourself?

Besides, and don't take this as personal critisism, but don't we have enough mixes of Flashman by now?