PLAY! A Video Game Symphony

chloerin

PLAY! and Blizzard Entertainment® to Give Away Free World of Warcraft® Trial DVDs at the California Premiere on Saturday, May 26, 2007 in San Jose, CA

:-D

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March May 8, 2007- Today, Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. has announced that the upcoming PLAY! concerts will kickoff on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8PM in San Jose, CA at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts. The concert will take place in conjunction with the Fanime Convention www.fanime.com.

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony is a symphony concert world tour, featuring live music performed by full orchestra and choir. Outstanding graphics on large screens above the orchestra accompany the scores, highlighting memorable moments from a catalogue of blockbuster video games.

Audiences will be thrilled by orchestral arrangements of their favorite video game soundtracks, including the score to World of Warcraftâ, Blizzard Entertainmentâ's award-winning massively multiplayer online game. As an added bonus, attendees to PLAY! Concerts will receive a free trial disc of World of Warcraft on DVD-ROM, which includes 14 days of free game time, while supplies last.

"Thanks to the generosity of Blizzard Entertainment, our concert goers will have a memento by which to remember their special evening at the PLAY! concert," says Jason Michael Paul, producer of PLAY!.

Additional tour dates including ticket information are available at the official PLAY! website at www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php <http://www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php> . So far, upcoming PLAY! concerts have been announced for Stockholm, Singapore, Sydney and Ft. Worth, TX.

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.

Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com <http://www.blizzard.com/> ), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard’s track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s free Internet gaming service, Battle.net®, reigns as the largest in the world, with millions of active users.

Yeah I saw that.. If I can get my hands on some maybe we could say hi or something? I don't know many swedish ocremix freaks :)

Yeah, we could do that. I know there are several Swedish OCR-people, but I don't really know any of them. I just added you to my msn.

Pix, please! Better yet, video.

I'll try!

Are you serious you still want to go even with all of this? There is also more to be announced up until the show. Support VGM!

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony Lands in San Jose on May 26, 2007

-Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. the creative team that brought you the first Video Game Music concert in the US with Dear Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY and More Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY has announced that the next confirmed stop on the world tour of his new show PLAY! A Video Game Symphony will be presented in association with Fanime at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8 pm. PLAY! is a new concert concept that draws its scores from a catalogue of blockbuster video games.

Brought to vibrant life by Symphony Silicon Valley and Chorale, the PLAY! concert features award-winning orchestral music from popular video game titles including Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., World Of Warcraft, Sonic The Hedgehog, Shenmue. Outstanding graphics on large screens above the orchestra will accompany the scores to highlight memorable moments from the games.

-Video game composer Jeremy Soule is going to attend PLAY! in San Jose. He is known for his work on games including The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Guild Wars: Factions/Nightfall, Prey and Company of Heroes.

-PLAY! Concert Kicks Off on Saturday, May 26, 2007 in San Jose, CA

PLAY! and Blizzard Entertainment® to Give Away Free World of Warcraft® Trial DVDs at the California Premiere. Audiences will be thrilled by orchestral arrangements of their favorite video game soundtracks, including the score to World of Warcraft, Blizzard Entertainment's award-winning massively multiplayer online game. As an added bonus, attendees to PLAY! Concerts will receive a free trial disc of World of Warcraft on DVD-ROM, which includes 14 days of free game time, while supplies last.

- PLAY! to feature music from The Darkness

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. and 2K Games announced that PLAY! will feature music from The Darkness by composer Gustaf Grefberg when the tour performs in San Jose, CA and Stockholm, Sweden.

Developed by Starbreeze Studio, developer of the award-winning The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, The Darkness is a next-generation, first-person action game that features an immersive and gritty storyline written in collaboration with famed comic-book writer, Paul Jenkins (Civil War: Frontline). Set in the dark and seedy underbelly of New York City, players experience the role of mafia hitman Jackie Estacado who is the heir to "The Darkness", an ancient power that awakens within him on his 21st birthday. Jackie must use traditional weapons as well as learn to command his terrible new powers to seek revenge on his own crime family. The Darkness is based on the popular comic of the same name published by Top Cow Publishing.

The Darkness ships for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the Spring of 2007.

- PLAY! to feature music from Lost Odyssey

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. announced today that Nobuo Uematsu's music from Lost Odyssey will be a permanent part of the regular PLAY! A Video Game Symphony-series concert programm. The video game is designed by Final Fantasy series originator Hironobu Sakaguchi. PLAY! A Video Game Symphony is a highly acclaimed symphony concert world-tour featuring music from a catalogue of blockbuster video game titles.

Lost Odyssey's storyline takes the player through Kaim's life, a man who has been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. He lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a mystical industrial revolution, where mankind has attained dark powers.

Tour dates including ticket information are available at the official PLAY! website at www.play-symphony.com/tickets.php. So far, PLAY! concerts have been announced for Hartford and Stockholm with many more to be announced shortly.

© 2006 MISTWALKER, INC. / I.T. PLANNING, INC. All rights reserved.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

- Free give-away for San Jose concert announced

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. announced today that the first 1,000 attendees to the PLAY! concert in San Jose will receive free exclusive Dear Friends - Music from FINAL FANTASY programs and posters. PLAY! San Jose will be presented in association with Fanime at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8 pm.

- The two-hour concert performed by the Symphony Silicon Valley and Chorale will be conducted by Grammy Award-winning artist Arnie Roth. "It's no secret among game lovers and connoisseurs of orchestral music that some of today's most thrilling scores are coming out of the video game genre," says Roth. "This spectacular concert series speaks to the growing popularity and artistic sophistication of this form of entertainment and will attract people of all generations to some of the world's greatest concert halls."

This presentation is the second successful collaboration between the Symphony and Jason Michael Paul Productions, having presented a sold-out video game music concert in 2005.

- Tickets to the PLAY! concert in San Jose, CA are available to the general public online at www.ticketmaster.com or at Symphony Silicon Valley, 467 South First St. San Jose, CA 95113 or by calling 408 286-2600.

Ticket prices for this concert range from $36 - $72 a seat with a select group of the best seats selling for $100 including a PLAY! Package of gifts.

- Also, please mention that this is in association with FanimeCon www.fanime.com. Also, those who register for Fanime can receive a discount on PLAY! concert tickets by entering "fanime" in the promotional section of the point of purchase at the ticketmaster website.

Welcome to FanimeCon -

The Bay Area's Largest Anime Convention!

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday, May 25th, 2007 – Monday, May 28th, 2007

May Twenty-Fifth through May Twenty-Eighth

FanimeCon 2007 is fast approaching and promises to be the biggest FanimeCon ever. We've got more stuff to see, do, hear, and buy than any other anime convention around! Don't miss the action - register online now, and not only will you be one of the first members of FanimeCon, you'll save a ton of money!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came back from the first PLAY! in sthlm. It was good but the sound engineer deserves a shot to the head.. He messed up Dancing Mad! 12 minutes with organ, choir, rock band and orchestra and he messed it up :(

Otherwise, it was great. Enjoyed the c64 medley and the Metal Gear Solid parts, and I was pleasantly surprised by swedish Gustaf Grefberg's soundtrack to Darkness. Amazing. :o

got Akira Yamaoka, Grefberg, Arnie Roth and Machinae Supremacy to sign my shirt btw, all in all HAPPY TIMES :)

Yes, Dancing Mad was a huge disappointment, and the Amiga and C64 medleys were so-so, maybe because I hadn't played most of those games. Akira Yamaoka was great though, and I managed to record his performance, since I had pretty good seats. The picture is a bit streched, since I had to rotate the video, but it's still pretty okay. Enjoy.

Hey i was at PLAY yesterday too, drove from Norway to see it, I thought the Amiga and C64 medleys were GREAT, Dancing Mad was not that great though, some sound issues throughout that one, Arnie Roth recognized me from last year and had a chat, i thought that was really nice of him