OCR01575 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Epona's Pastorale"

Overall very well done, with some very nice ideas, I especially like how you kept hinting harmonically at some of the original, and then going in a different direction, it really kept surprising me,and in a good way.

Some of the samples seemed too exposed, mostly the solo instruments, and though the piano was a bit rigid, it didn't detract in any way to me.

Very nice work. :-)

This is a nice, charming piece. There's no critcism I could offer that hasn't already, so I'll offer praise. I really enjoy listening to this and always felt the source material had potential, which you have tapped masterfully. It also stands unique among many of the OCR songs I've heard in the past, bringing something sort've new to the table. This is one I'll be listening to often for a long time to come and is already one of my favorites. Great job, I hope to see you do much, much more work of this skill and quality.

I'm not completely sure why, but this mix didn't really vibe with me overall. There were small portions of it that I thought were very cool, creative, and well done, but I think maybe I found this piece slightly boring (to your credit, I don't think there's much to work with in the source track). I also didn't really like the quality of the instruments that I heard during the louder parts of the mix - particularly at the very end of the song. I'm no expert, but things sounded a bit MIDI to me.

Congrats on the good review score though. The arrangement in this track was definitely great. Keep the remixes coming!

I'm new to the forums, but have listened to OCRemixes since I first got a computer, and this is a favorite already!

A little short, but the arrangement is great, and I like how it /isn't/ Gerudo Valley! Even though the sampling is clearly visible (audible?) here, it doesn't take away anything for me.

Thanks, Abadoss!

I'm not completely sure why, but this mix didn't really vibe with me overall. There were small portions of it that I thought were very cool, creative, and well done, but I think maybe I found this piece slightly boring (to your credit, I don't think there's much to work with in the source track). I also didn't really like the quality of the instruments that I heard during the louder parts of the mix - particularly at the very end of the song. I'm no expert, but things sounded a bit MIDI to me.

I'm getting the same kind of feeling...I don't know. I like the new chord progression, considering I love the V -> V7 feeling, but with the sparse instrumentation, attention to the sample quality is important...and it does sound MIDI-ish. I never really liked Epona's theme (couldn't this also go under the Lon Lon ranch theme, too?), and this doesn't do much to change my mind for it. It just sounds very cliche to me...I'm not quite sure why.

But hey, that's just my opinion. You can't please everyone, and it looks like you did a good job pleasing the majority.

• 1 year later...

Congrats on the good review score though. The arrangement in this track was definitely great. Keep the remixes coming!

same.

i like epona's song, but there's not much material there.

• 11 months later...

This came up on random on itunes, so I'm going to take advantage of it to write a review here.

Overall Abadoss is a master at classical writing, which is always a nice listen. I've loved hearing your arrangements, and I look forward to hearing what you can cook up next. The original is definately there, but it's also your own, which really is what I enjoy about your works.

Beating a dead horse here (11PM and I can be clever?), but the sample quality is your downfall. I'm glad you've collaborated a lot more lately to make some really nice sounding pieces, because it's a shame that these pieces can't realize their full potential.

Nice work though, keep arranging awesome stuff!

• 1 month later...

I definitely like the quieter sections where there's just one instrument taking center stage... it sounds almost too cheesy when the full orchestra comes in. Still, I appreciate the arrangement and, while they're not the best, I don't think the sample quality inhibited my enjoyment much, if at all.

That being said, I'm also glad that Abadoss has taken advantage of the various collaboration opportunities for projects lately... when his stellar arrangements meet live music/professional-sounding samples, that's when his music really shines and you realize just how talented of an arranger he is! :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01575 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Epona's Pastorale"