MEETUP: OCR @ Otakon 2007! - Panel was awesome!

zircon

Maybe I come. I haven't been nerdin' it up much lately. Plus, I have an SGX tshirt now. Maybe someone will recognize me walking around. That's right, I do music because I want to be famous. Oh, I also live in MD, so it aint no thang but a chickin wang to come on up to bmore, the #1 STD city.

So, yeah, feelin' stupid. I guess I'll actually have to use the "search" function next time instead of relyin' on the old eyeballs.

Myself and Jiggles McPuff are attending, but I fear that Purple Tentacle may not be attending this year.

I will definitely be at the panel and hope to join in other group festivities should any occur. Perhaps McPuff will keep me apprised this year and I won't have anyone to "babysit". If all goes according to plan, I'll be the guy in the front row in the fun costume. Again.

Like, One or two spots in a Hotel Suite. I'd have to ask McPuff for the details, but he sleeps during the day. Also, seeing as they aren't the rooms I'd be staying in, it would likely have to be someone with whom Jiggle was familiar.

I'll try to lure him out with some Mario Party 8 tonight to see if I can get him to post on the topic.

Like, One or two spots in a Hotel Suite. I'd have to ask McPuff for the details, but he sleeps during the day. Also, seeing as they aren't the rooms I'd be staying in, it would likely have to be someone with whom Jiggle was familiar.

I'll try to lure him out with some Mario Party 8 tonight to see if I can get him to post on the topic.

Well, there is a possibility of me going, if only I can get a cheap room. Otherwise, I'm going to have to abstain.

Wow...June already! Have you registered for Otakon yet??!?!!?

Don't forget, register now, get your hotel rooms NOW, if you wanna go to the biggest Anime Convention on the Eastern Seaboard!

DO IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!!!

Actually, scratch that original thought - there's a strong chance of me being down there for Otakon. My brother is getting an apartment in Baltimore at the end of June, so I have a free place to stay :-D . Potentially there would be room for others as well, as I'm guessing this will be a nice sized apartment - just be sure to bring sleeping bags though.

I'm still going to attend, that plan hasn't changed. Though I think that I'll be leaving for the convention center earlier than 7 AM this time.

Lines suck.

Also, no, Starla, a happy-happyist is out of the question since there's no way I can find a long enough smock or a graduation gown that isn't fifty kinds of shiny and has a collar. :(

The first post isn't paying attention, I suppose, so, one more time...

I AM COMING!!

See, now you've made me sound dirty.

One question: the Otakon site says to pick up badges on Thursday. I can't be the only one who can't make it on a day where nothing's even happening. Is it safe to assume I'll be able to get mine on Friday afternoon?

One question: the Otakon site says to pick up badges on Thursday. I can't be the only one who can't make it on a day where nothing's even happening. Is it safe to assume I'll be able to get mine on Friday afternoon?

Fridays fine to pick them up. The line goes really fast so you dont have to wait long.

• 3 weeks later...

My friends and I are picking ours up Thursday so that we don't have to get in line Friday morning. Friday afternoon I would assume is going to be a better part of the day if that's when Jose's arrival is.

I'm SO psyched for Otakon! It's gonna be awesome!

Just another reminder, we're less than a month to Otakon. If you're planning on attending, don't forget to check page 1 of this thread for info. I'm so very excited about Otakon, it's my first one, and it'll be TONS of fun I'm sure!

I hope to see you there!

Looks like I'll have to skip this one. Take lots of pics and videos!

No worries there. I'll be taking a lot of pictures at the Meetup and the Panel, and I'm sure Pixietricks is bringing her camera as well. So there's probably going to be a MASSIVE amount of photos.

Just another reminder, we're less than a month to Otakon. If you're planning on attending, don't forget to check page 1 of this thread for info...

Well, according to page 1, after three reminders, I'm still not coming. There's a limit to the size of the text here, so tonight I'll gently beat zircon over the head with PMs and ask him to pay attention. :twisted: