Epic Love

Mr. SATURN

No clue if this is even remotely close, but:

http://www.lobitlandscapes.org/label/epiclovesongs.txt

Most songs have a central theme, and in the case of songs dealing with love it's either about being in love (currently or unrequitedly), or heartbroken. Most don't go through a narrative where it starts out with one and ends on something else. You can't develop that without some form of narrative since your lyrics are generally based around the theme you start on.

Well, it's not entirely true that you can't develop a changing theme or narrative regarding feelings, for instance- I heard a song on the radio the other day going through a man's dirty divorce and heartbreak, but ending with him finding another woman and falling in love again. That's a change.

Also Epic may have been a poor choice in words, but I mean something slightly more than a guitar and a piano. I want some emotion in it.

Drinking Song - Rob Dougan

There's Only Me - Rob Dougan

Furious Angels - Rob Dougan

Nothing At All - Rob Dougan

Speed Me Towards Death - Rob Dougan

Pollyanna (I Believe in You) - Catherine Warwick (not quite about heartbreak, but I like it)

You're Not Here - Melissa Williamson (aka Mary Elizabeth McGlynn)

Rob D's Drinking Song is probably your best bet.

Most of these are more symbolic\emotionally evoking rather than storytelling, but these are the ones I listen to most. I'm linking the lyrics:

Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song. Not very epic, but very emotional.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. This is mine and my fiance's song.

Tool - Parabol\Parabola. Two songs that flow into each other. The first is the slow intro, the second is very epic.