Square-Enix Announcements and Party (May 12-13 infor thread)

NeoForte

Alright. Time has come for SE's countdown to their biggest announcements of the year. So whats in store? New Final Final Fantasies (Remakes, Spinoffs and Original), new trailers and info for current projects, Kingdom Hearts updates and much more.

So far they have announced:

The Last Remnant (360 and/or Ps3):

A new IP shown exclusively on the new Game Informer. It sounds awesome and should be interesting seeing them develop the game with both japanese and US audiences in mind. Also their first Unreal Engine 3 project (so its 360 and/or Ps3)

http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/05/07/new-square-enix-rpg-the-last-remnant/

Screen1

Screen2

Screen3

screens from xboxyde and game life

Final Fantasy: Dissidia (PSP):

- Final Fantasy series characters battle on a 3D field. The genre is fighting competition action.

- Will have characters from past FF (FFI Light Warriors, Zidane, Garland, Kuja confirmed so far).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia/

Shonen Jump Scan FFD

Final Fantasy IV (DS):

-A 3D remake from the development team that worked on FF3.

Shonen Jump Scan FFIV

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System (Ps2):

-Comes out August 9th at a price of 6800Yen

-Apperantly from web site translators (Babel Fish >.>) the license board can be customized with one of 12 different job types or something of the sort.

-Might be dual language or using American voices like KH: Final Mix (I forgot if FFX and X-2 had american dubbing as well).

Shonen Jump Scan FFXIII: IZJS

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon (Wii):

-no info

Star Ocean 2 and 2 (PSP):

-2D remake

Screen1

Screen2

Famitsu screenshots

Star Ocean 4 (Not Specified yet):

-SE and Tri-Ace shown on the slide

Parasite Eve 3 (Mobile):

-nothing yet

FFXI: Crusaders of Altana (rough translation) (PC, Ps2, 360):

-new expansion

At the party new trailers for FF:CC both DS and Wii, FFXIII, Versus XIII, All new announcements, and more to come!

Well more announcements are expected and as they come I shall update this page with links and maybe pics. Right now I am excited more so to see new trailers for pojects I want to come out already (FFT: A2, FFCC: Rings of Fate, FFXIII, DQIX, DQ Swords, Its a Wonderful World and all the others). Supposively the future of KH will be discussed and rumors of Star Ocean announcements are bound. PSP according to EGM is suppose to get much more SE love with remakes and spin offs. I wanna see more Wii games from them. According to Square they said Wii fans will be very satisfied this coming Saturday. So discuss, speculate and lets have fun (and lots of flames :P)!

I'm now being told to retract the flame statement and say lets have a nice civilized discussion heh.

Yeah, I don't have much faith in SE anymore, either. All they really seem to care about anymore is making as many games as possible, usually of poor quality. The spin-offs are probably the worst... Dirge of Cerberus was horrible, I couldn't believe Square released something so terrible. I miss the days of Squaresoft.

The only thing I'm keeping an eye out for from SE is a port of FFVII. They've already ported the first 6 games, so we should be hearing about a FFVII port soon.

Until S-E makes Einhander II, they're just a one trick pony to me. As much as I'm enjoying FF XII, I'm actually getting sick of seeing the franchise popping up as they constantly whore it out with spin-offs, sequels and re-ports.

They've got a good number of non-RPG games waiting for a well deserved sequel. Maybe someone should remind them that there are other genres besides RPGs in the gaming world.

I agree that Einhander is cool. I don't really see anything wrong with sticking to just one series. There's a lot of good that can come out of concentrating on just one thing for a long time. Just look at Armored Core ^_^ Hahaha. However, Square-Enix, being the huge company that it is definitely has more than enough human resources to allocate some to other projects. I really wanted to go to that party but I live in Niigata and the party is in Tokyo. Curse Square-Enix forever!

Until S-E makes Einhander II, they're just a one trick pony to me. As much as I'm enjoying FF XII, I'm actually getting sick of seeing the franchise popping up as they constantly whore it out with spin-offs, sequels and re-ports.

They've got a good number of non-RPG games waiting for a well deserved sequel. Maybe someone should remind them that there are other genres besides RPGs in the gaming world.

I say make Final Fantasy XIII tie up every previous FF game into one incohensive plot hole that makes Resident Evil plot holes seem like small cracks in the floor.

Then they can FINALLY give it a rest, and work on other things. Like Kingdom Hearts: The Mushroom Kingdoms.

I agree, I am getting tired of all these freakin spin offs that are mediocre to bad. I am getting tired of them remaking FFI and II heh. I'm ok with them sticking to RPGs since everything else they try to do ends up in failure (Dirge of Cerberus, Musashi the new one, etc.) I do wish they would branch out and take some risks. At least they are doing a new IP.

I would play that. I would play the heck out of that.

Yea too bad that was a April Fools joke (though you never know these days...)

Anyway according ot this blog ( http://ff13vids.jugem.jp/ and thanks to a translation on Neo GAF)

- Final Fantasy series characters battle on a 3D field. The genre is fighting competition action (?).

- The gods Cosmos and Chaos called on the heroes of light and dark

- Warrior of light from FF1, Zidane from FF9 will participate

- Garland and Kuja are also confirmed

- Character designs by Nomura.

This sounds interesting...kinda heh

Alright new rumors (not confirmation because it is still from a blog of the leaked information of the party). Its been "comfirmed" they are working on a ???IV DS. It is very highly probably it is FFIV DS remake in the vain of FFIII. The blog that broke the news:

http://ff13vids.jugem.jp/

Stated it was FFIV DS 3d remake. But on Neo GAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154405

It was said that those initials were a mistake by a mod. And so people speculated on DQIV but it seems in the end it is FFIV. No other news. Also FFXII International (but who isn't surprised at this announcement).

Upon further thought..

FFIV in 3D would be pretty cool.

I mean,I wonder what the scene where Cid jumps off of the airship will look like?Or the part where the Bomb Ring activates?

Yeah,Yeah,its a remake...at least its a promising remake..instead of that god awful FFIII.