Need a MIDI Keyboard

Im looking to purchase a MIDI Keyboard, and Im not sure which one will give me the most bang for my buck....Im a struggling college student, so I dont have too much to throw around...what do u think are some good choices?

I purchased an M-Audio Axiom 49 around January and have found it to be excellent. It has more sliders and dials than I know what to do with, and the size is suited to dorm-style living. I've seen bands play them live through a laptop, and I believe that DJP uses an Axiom 61 as well.

The only problem is that it's not exactly student priced. However, M-Audio has a bunch of different MIDI controllers ranging in price from $60 to $600, so you probably wouldn't have trouble finding one in your price range. (http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=midikeyboardcontrollers)

The prices on their website are MSRPs, meaning you can probably pick up one of those controllers for less than they advertise.

I would recommend dropping by your local music store and playing around with what they have in stock. See which ones you like the feel of, ask which brands and models the salesperson prefers, check out the different features, etc. You should probably set a maximum amount you would be willing to spend before going though!

I'd recommend one with more keys, if you can afford it, if you're a decent pianist. I occasionally find 61 keys limiting for recording piano parts; 49 keys would drive me nuts. And yes, buy from ZZounds if you're American. Look around, but their prices are the lowest for anything I've looked at. Only too bad they don't ship to Canada :(