Metal Gear NES - Level 1 - WIP

Strike911

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/mgnes1.mp3

EDIT: YES I NOW REALIZE THE NAME IS TAKEN. Shit... I knew I heard it from somewhere before. lol. Well, time to change the name. By the time I posted it I couldn't re-edit anything...

I really liked the style of this. It's a hard dance groove. It's from Metal Gear 1 on the NES, and its the "Outside" music. It's still a WIP but I've spent a zillion hours tonight working on it and listening to it, and revising it. I'm not satisfied with the main lead that does most of the melodies. The background bass stuff I like, but that main lead that shows up every now and then is a little too clean and soft sounding IMO, so if you have any ideas regarding that please let me know. I'm going to change it probably to something a little tougher sounding. >:-)

and anyway, with Snake coming to Smash Bros Brawl, I figured I needed to really make a Metal Gear remix that I'm very satisfied with. I think this one will probably be a keeper.

I've never tried this particular style before what do you think?

UPDATED!!!

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/mgnes1.mp3

Thanks for the comments. I've brought out the drums and modified them a bit. They still need a little more messing with I think, but for now they're alright, I think. I've added a lot of background synths to flesh out the sound of the whole song. I've also modified some of the panning effects, and added a few new parts to make the whole remix sound better. :) I also changed that main lead to something a little grungier sounding, which I think helps.

Comments are appreciated.

Been listening through this tune a couple of times now and I think it's really good!

OCR could use more remixes of less-remixed-games like Metal Gear. :]

I really like the beat and nice feeling of this one. Keep it up!!