No Midi Output in Fruity Loops

okay, so I have messed around with audio mixxers before, nothing really serious before beacuse all I needed was recording stuff, played with Adobe's program, then tried out Audacity and finnaly settled with Goldwave. nothing to do with anything, just wanted to make it clear I am not a morron. I have also used Sonar ^_^

I have had this problem in sonar but it was fixed easily enough in audio settings. I want to import a Midi, trying to get a feel for the software and start my first remixes, but there is a tiny problem, I cant hear the midi's I import, This is a problem beacuse the base of the songs I want are in midi and I dont have enough grasp of music to be able to arrange them myself and I dont know any other way beside's midi to achive this end.

I have googled the probelem but the few responses I get are cryptic and poorly Written

if anyone can give me a little help with this delima I would be greatfull.

Dj-REX

• 2 weeks later...
Enabling MIDI in FL is really easy. Hit F10 and select whichever midi output device you want to use to Port 0. Exit out of that and go to the "options" toolbar and select "Enable MIDI output."

Hmm I'll have to check that out. Maybe it will work.

Anyway, I replied in another thread about this so check if this works =).

"For example lets say you import the whole midi.

There will be no sound at all when you press play.

Click up the settings box for the midichannel and you will notice that it says "Port:0" Default = 0.

Go into your mixer and open up the "Insert effect" list.

Now choose the Fruity LSD

Now you STILL won't have any sound, but look at the top of the LSD player in the right corner, it should say "1" or "01".

Change that to "0" and press play now.

Voila, you have a midi file with sounds you can actually hear.

You could also do as stated above slam another synthesizer channel on the midi track and have it working just fine.

IF you don't know which channel is what and don't want to import the whole midi I'd definetly advice you to get the wonderfull Midi player from Vanbasco. It's free and is just awesome. You can also see which channels are what."