Must-Have Games: The OCR List

sephfire

I gave up simply because people were not offering adequate reasons for why [insert game] is a must play. There are too many games on the list where flaws stick out like a sore thumb that kill enjoyment for many by a longshot that people are YESing, and when someone NOs it, there is an inadequate rebuttal that does nothing to counter the claims of the negative experiences.

I gave up simply because people were not offering adequate reasons for why [insert game] is a must play. There are too many games on the list where flaws stick out like a sore thumb that kill enjoyment for many by a longshot that people are YESing, and when someone NOs it, there is an inadequate rebuttal that does nothing to counter the claims of the negative experiences.

You speak truth. I think if we had a couple dozen people in here voting regularly, this problem would get weeded out naturally by the voting process itself. If a game's flaws really were too great to consider for must-have status, a majority of the voters would probably feel this and vote its supporters down. Unfortunately, with a smaller group, that majority is a lot less reliable. Example: As it stands, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is tied at 4-4. If we had a couple dozen people in here, I bet a more visible majority would surface one way or the other.

Unfortunately, without that sort of group size, I'm not sure these threads will be terribly effective.

First:

Grammar lol

Second:

Sephfire's got a new pet!

But seriously now. Sephfire, I honestly doubt you'll be able to continue this with the support that you're getting. Not to mention, the list of games to sift through is far too large and vast for us to know completely.

Though if you really do continue, here's my advice: Find a master list of games from a reliable source and put every single game on the voting list. The nomination system is what makes this thread so close to a favorites, because only games that stand out for people made it onto the list. I can personally say I only nominated games I personally enjoyed. Just some thoughts.

What the hell is your problem. Why do you insist on starting crap. I was minding my own business simply stating why I support another thread. Yes, I made a grammar mistake (which is fixed now). You can't honestly say you never made one. Also, I am not sephire's pet. I just like giving input on such subjects as these. Dude, you seriously need to just let it be and leave me alone. I never wanted to continue this but you seem to insist on it. This could have easily ended a while ago simply with my post illustrating how you were wrong in acusing me of picking favorites and not reading. But then you come up with some stupid excuse about my wording. Bottom line was that you were the one that didn't read , otherwise you wouldn't have accused me of picking favorites and not reading.

And thats it, no more. I am not continuing anything after this and I suggest you do the same.

You do realize a comment like that is more suited for a PM...

Yo Seph, instead of trying to make a list in such a relatively quick fashion, if you could find support, try having at it one game at a time. By doing that you force discussion on topics until a clear majority can be held. The only problem is finding support because not only because of the kind of thread you want to make, but because the number of people on OCR is pretty low from what I can remember just reading but not posting much.

PS2:

Ratchet and Clank

Ratchet and Clank 3

Jak 3

Gamecube:

Super Smash Bros.

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

And this is what? Nominations? Votes? Either way, they're not going to be counted. You're late for nominations, and you didn't even provide a "YES" or a "NO" vote. Not to mention the fact that you didn't provide any at all supporting one or the other. Did you read the first page's rules?

Sorry, but I found this post extremely ambiguous.

[EDIT]

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (NDS) YES

I played through this game, and I found it refreshingly fun. Even though your move set is a jump, and a stretch, there's still a lot to be done. I found it "cute," which in this sense is a good thing. Basically, it felt like the type of game that the developers had fun making (like The Misadventures of Tron Bonne). The general gameplay was great. However, the tank battles were amazing. As one review I read said, it's almost 2 games in one, gaged on the fun factor. The tanks could almost have been their own game, and it still would have been a blast (pun not intended). This was definitely worth the purchase. Give this on a try if you find it. Mouser X out.

Well, guys ... the time has come to bring this thread to a close. I give you ...

The FINAL OCR Must-Have Games List

Dreamcast

Bangai-O

Crazy Taxi

Daytona USA

Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of Earth

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves

Grandia II

Ikaruga

Jet Grind Radio

Last Blade 2

Marvel vs. Capcom

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Metropolis Street Racer

Powerstone 2

Project Justice

Skies of Arcadia

Soul Calibur

Street Fighter III: Double Impact

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Street Fighter Alpha III

Playstation 2

Ace Combat 5

Amplitude

Beatmania IIDX 8th Style

Beyond Good and Evil

Breath of Fire 5: Dragon Quarter

Burnout 3: Takedown

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves

Final Fantasy XII

God of War

God of War II

Grand Theft Auto III

Guilty Gear X2

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero 2

ICO

Jak II

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Katamari Damacy

Kingdom Hearts

MegaMan Anniversery Collection

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Okami

Onimusha 2: Samurai’s Destiny

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Rez

Shadow of the Colossus

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Silent Hill 2

Soul Calibur 2

Soul Calibur 3

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Viewtiful Joe

We Love Katamari

Xbox

Beyond Good and Evil

Burnout 3: Takedown

Capcom Classics Collection 2

Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Dead or Alive Ultimate

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Halo

Halo 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Ninja Gaiden Black

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath

OutRun2

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Project Gotham Racing 2

Psychonauts

Shenmue II

Soul Calibur 2

SSX 3

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Gamecube

Animal Crossing

Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem

F-Zero GX

Ikaruga

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Mario Power Tennis

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Metroid Prime

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Pikmin 2

Resident Evil 4

Skies of Arcadia Legends

Soul Calibur 2

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Viewtiful Joe

Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Party Game$

Nintendo DS

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Elite Beat Agents

Metroid Prime: Hunters

NEW Super Mario Bros.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright 2: Justice for All

Tetris DS

PSP

Lumines

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

It's been a fun thread guys. Maybe we'll do it again sometime. ;-)