Parasite Eve 3 Announced!

Mr.Roboto

Actually, it would be Chrono Trigger 2 or Chrono Cross 2.

Anyhow, already a thread for this : http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9496

Actually, it would be Chrono Trigger 3 or Chrono Cross 2. Chrono Trigger 2 was already rleased a long time ago, with the name "Chrono Trigger 2: Radical Dreamers" and with characters and locations from Chrono Cross. It was released for the Japan-only Super Famicon add-on Stellaview, and was a text-adventure game with illustrations. It was translated into english by ROM hackers a few years ago, and is now available to anyone.

Yeah, okay, fuck you Squeenix.

We have to wade through almost 15 new FF titles to finally get to something us PE fans have been waiting on for years, only to find out it's a damn cell phone title?

Screw that. I'm not giving Square any more of my money, period.

It wouldn't work for USA/Canada and Europe anyway, as this game is, like "Final Fantasy 7: Before Crisis", released in Japan for their iMode system cellphones only.

It won't work here, and we can only hope for a DS remake (as it was "promised" once for FF7:BC too), though we all know that this won't happen and Square-Enix rather converts yet another "oldschool" Final Fantasy game into 3D, that nobody is interested in anyway. (I'd have loved to have a 2D FF3, but no! It had to be ported to 3D, and now FF6 with yet another storyline for DS, too).

Squaresoft - please do something that the fans really care about, as you've seen on your anniversary show with the "gamers have a word" wall you started there:

- FF7 Remake in Advent Children style for PS3

- FF7: Crisis Core on PSP (finally, as promised for 4 years now!)

- FF7: Before Crisis on DS (all chapers!)

- Chrono Trigger in 3D (like the Chrono Trigger: Resurrection project)

- Radical Dreamers as it was planned as real game once (not a novel, and not like Chrono Cross as "official Remake")

- Kenshin Dragon Quest for Nintendo Wii (as hinted in the showreel of the Wii Release in Japan)

Nobody cares for yet another remake of FF4-6. Nobody!

PE3? God PE2 was already messed up thanks due to the "Resident Evil" clone mumbo-jumbo. The best game of that series is still PE1 on PSX! And it should have stayed that way.

Actually, it would be Chrono Trigger 3 or Chrono Cross 2. Chrono Trigger 2 was already rleased a long time ago, with the name "Chrono Trigger 2: Radical Dreamers" and with characters and locations from Chrono Cross. It was released for the Japan-only Super Famicon add-on Stellaview, and was a text-adventure game with illustrations. It was translated into english by ROM hackers a few years ago, and is now available to anyone.

Nice try there skippy. Oh, don't worry, you will prove someone wrong one day, just not today.

Yes, I am fully aware of the game called Radical Dreamers. Considering that there has been a user here at OCR for a good while with the screen name "Radical Dreamer", one would figure it would be hard to miss.

It is not officially called Chrono Trigger 2: Radical Dreamers. Its OFFICIAL name is "Radical Dreamers: Nusumenai Hōseki", roughly translated to "Radical Dreamers: The Jewel that Cannot be Stolen" or "Radical Dreamers: Unstealable Jewel".

Next time try searching around the net longer instead of using one site's name as your base of info.

A good place to start your research would be wikipedia.

It wouldn't work for USA/Canada and Europe anyway, as this game is, like "Final Fantasy 7: Before Crisis", released in Japan for their iMode system cellphones only.

It won't work here, and we can only hope for a DS remake (as it was "promised" once for FF7:BC too), though we all know that this won't happen and Square-Enix rather converts yet another "oldschool" Final Fantasy game into 3D, that nobody is interested in anyway. (I'd have loved to have a 2D FF3, but no! It had to be ported to 3D, and now FF6 with yet another storyline for DS, too).

Squaresoft - please do something that the fans really care about, as you've seen on your anniversary show with the "gamers have a word" wall you started there:

- Radical Dreamers as it was planned as real game once (not a novel, and not like Chrono Cross as "official Remake")

- Kenshin Dragon Quest for Nintendo Wii (as hinted in the showreel of the Wii Release in Japan)

PE3? God PE2 was already messed up thanks due to the "Resident Evil" clone mumbo-jumbo. The best game of that series is still PE1 on PSX! And it should have stayed that way.

Seiken Densetsu III for GBA or DS in English PLZ

I care D: D: D:

Yes sure, let's make another five thousand Final Fantasy VII games.

Square has to go back to making original stuff once again. Kingdom hearts(regardless of the fact that it falls into another one of Tetsuya Nomura's "games") was actually a breath of fresh air, and I still remember all the awesome that Square was pushing out around 2000 with Chrono Cross, Threads of Fate, etc... Not to mention Saga Frontier, Xenogears(and yes I already know the team jumped ship a long time ago. Shut up), and Brave Fencer Musashi.

Those games were all gold, but of course, it's not in a company's best interest to take risks so much as it is to ensure profit, so sure, let's leave Tetsuya Nomura to handle killing us ever so slowly with more FF than you can shake a Sage's Rod at. With all the rabid fanboys running about, they'll be sure to win big, while gamers like myself will be left in the dark hoping for better.

Also, they haven't remade anything apart from FFIII. Everything else has been port after port after port. Now they're actually going to remake FFIV, and maybe FFV and VI, but being that they've just been ported yet again to the GBA not even two years shy, I just don't see the point in giving them more money.

FF1 and FF2 was a port? Not really. The PSX version was upgraded already, new storyline, new sound. FF4 to FF6 was ported, FF3 was a remake. FF1, FF2, FF4-6 was all released on PSX, FF1/FF2 even on Wonderswan Color, then on GBA, now "redone" on Nintendo DS. But no, it's no remake.

Nintendo got the wink from their customers while they tried to pull the NES Classic Stunt which was nothing like a NES emulator with a crappy NES ROM, or the GBA versions of Super Mario? Thanks but no thanks.

Square rides the dead horse even more, and while the fans are screaming for certain remakes, because the games were just more interesting, it's a total no-no? Final Fantasy 7 was never properly finished, FF8 was half-assed, FF9 was just too short (in my opinion) but that was finslly again what the series was all about. FF10? Oh come on, you played a friggin "movie", right from the start it was like "if you don't finish the game, it'll never happen" and the beginning was the ending already - not to mention that NOTHING from what they planned and presented at various gameshows were implemented. FF10-2? The worst mistake they could ever do, half assed, stupid "happy ending" with no context to the rest of the game. It was just fishing for money and "fanservice".

And this is what pissed the people off. That Square pulled out other games for FF7 was really not due to milking alone, the story just wasn't done (ending and plot-holes of FF7 anyone?). And why hype all the stuff, if they never release it. FF7:Crisis Core is still not released, unless you know something I don't - Dirge of Cerberus? it was more of an action game than an RPG and it's more like the sequel to Advent Children, or better "Before Crisis" anyway rather than a FF7 one, because the only relation to FF7 were the experiments with the essence of the livestream. Or do you have access to FF:Before Crisis in the USA? I guess not, so that makes two games and one movie only at this moment. Not to mention that FF7 is one of the most highly sold game (not counting FF8, as these sales are only high in Europe). It just doesn't count that "this game is still playable on PS3", because all other games (the FF1-6 remakes on PSX, FF8-9, FF10-12) are all playable on PS3 too and still they do crappy remakes.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts - this game is also milking the franchise. In my opinion as worse as Final Fantasy. Just as reminder: Kingdom Hearts Regular Edition, Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix (with extended hidden trailer to KH2), Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories (GBA), Kingdom Hearts 2, Kingdom Hearts - Extended Edition/Final Mix (now with Chain of Memories included as 3D game, and once again extended hidden trailer to KH3) and that soon to be Kingdom Hearts 3 which will also hint at KH4 - and wasn't there a movie planned or something like that? Or what about Dragon Quest and their spinoffs - oh... too uninteresting so they won't be re-released on GBA. Oh yeah, and what about those dissapointing Seiken Densetsu sequels and remakes? Or Crystal Chronicles? If you look at that, FF3 DS was also milking only. It looked good, but the game was worse than it's original, same with "Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu". This is what I call a good "remake"

If you're so picky about "Square", complain about other firms, too. For example the people who made "Tales of...", and they still bring out new games which are sequels to their predecessors. Xenosaga? It was aimed to be a 9 part game, only 4 are out with a gap in the middle (Xenogears being EP5), so it's another unfinished game and the comments about "where are the sequels" were "we'll never release it - busted!". Valkyrie Profile (Enix)? Hell yeah a parallel sidestory that also screams for another sequel. Prince of Persia is also released over and over and nobody cares. Mortal Kombat on next generation consoles AND PSP, not to mention with "bugfixes" because the old ones couldn't be fixed in time? Tekken, King of Fighters, Dead or Alive (also successful in terms of milking the franchise). I could go on like that.

I rather want a "finished" game, than an obviously finished one redone over and over and made worse in the progress (FF1-3, and now 6 again too), or a sequel to an awesome game, that has an open ending but dusts in the shelves because nobody wanted to buy it (yes - I talk about "Beyond Good and Evil").

Maybe think about that one. Then again - who cares, we'll never see certain sequels or remakes anyway outside of Japan. And one of them will be on CellPhones (Parasite Eve 3, FF7:Before Crisis, if I can remember, that Resident Evil Cellphone game) or very interesting DS games (learn software), because we're not "ready for stuff like that" yet.

*sigh*