*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Sand Covered Temple'

djpretzel

Hi, my name is Brandon Nahté (Mooseka) and I made a remix of the Zelda 64 song Requiem of Spirit. I was going to do the ID3 tags but I'm at my Father's house for the summer and I don't have anything I can do it with so hopefully you'll accept the information printed below.

~Mooseka

Title: Zelda64 SandCoveredTemple OC ReMix

Artist: Mooseka

Year: 2002

Genre: Game

either Album or Comment should have the URL http://remix.overclocked.org - the other field can have the same, or whatever you choose

This mix doesn't seem to have a whole lot of life in it. For the most part, it sounds much too empty. This is because there's usually not much going on other than the lead and the drums. The ending seems too much like an abrupt "I don't know what to do now so I'll just end it" sort of thing. There are some good ideas here, though, so it's not all bad. I would suggest adding more layers, making the drums *MUCH* louder, adding bass, maybe doing so EQ work, and re-thinking the ending.

Vote: NO

Hmm, this sounds like it could make a really good 'spooky' mix if only the samples were less buzzy sounding.

Anyway, this tune has some synth samples I don't care for (ie: the sample that starts at 1:49), but that flute type thing sounds pretty cool.

Well, it's already done now. I don't know.. I think this mix would benefit from a good sample reworking, cus I like the arrangement, but a lot of those synths are just bleh.. I think this would actually sound pretty good with some more natural sounds, like the flute used.

Maybe it's just my dislike of buzzy sounds (0:12-0:18 kinda bugged me), but I'm gonna have to go for a no here. Sorry bud.

Vote: No