OCR01580 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Still in Your Marble Zone'

Liontamer

Hey ..

Track name : Still in your Marble Zone

Game : Sonic The Hedgehog

Enjoy ..

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=36 - Marble Zone

Piano sounded rigid to start, but once more elements joined in at :38 the piano sounded less exposed. Good piano stuff at :55, brass at 1:01 was pretty flimsy but only there for a cameo. Snare pattern felt boring/droning, but the percussion writing was otherwise good.

I wish more was done to interpret the main verse of the source, but the freestylish arrangement of the chorus was good. Just as I was done typing, a new iteration of the source melody came in at 2:21 with some new instrumentation with a subtle, laid back feel that killed off that criticism entirely. Wouldn't have minded the 2:21 section's melody a little louder, but Frank set a nice mood and some good contrast compared to the first section.

Nice piano work handling the chorus again, closing the track out. Last lil' drum roll and piano chord at 3:09 was trite, like "Nah, you didn't need to do that," but no big deal. Felt like the track could have been beefed up with maybe one more part in the background to further flesh it out, but what's here is bueno bueno!

YES

Haha, damn, the whole chill-to-funk movement really caught me off guard at 1:02. Props to you, the remixer who can pull that off in a pleasing way.

I don't mind the over-quantization, especially since adequate attention has been paid to the dynamics of individual notes and sequences. This is a pretty fun track to listen to. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tapping my toe. Seems there's another changeup in style around 2:23, adding yet more diversity and unpredictability. Despite the rigidness in the piano rhythm, this track still puts off the feel of good improve.

Yeah, this is good stuff. There's no reason why this shouldn't be on the front page. Kudos, Double D.

YES

Allright, Frank my man! Back at the top of your game. Classy and sexy. Rocking not one, not two, but three different keyboard instruments (acoustic & electric pianos, and B3) and to great effect.

This track is immediately recognizable as a Diggi Dis track, and there's very little to complain about aside from the abrupt ending.

YES!