8-bit Remix of PSOBB

Blazingame

Hi, I'm looking for a way to remix the BGM files of Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst they are in .ogg form, I know how to convert them. I'm actually seeking a program to remix these into 8-bit nintendo sound. Very new to remixing music and would like a a program that would help me achieve this. Programs I have already are Fruity Loops 3 and Mac Garage Band.

If you're looking to do a professional remix and try and submit it on ocr, you have to start from scratch. Meaning, you can't just take a music file and change sounds/properties, you have to recreate the notes from the song and add instruments of you're own to use as the instrument for the song(preferably something creative and different from the original), add even your own side instrumental compositions to flow along with the main notes from the video game you're remixing. I may be wrong, but I think you're actually allowed to add parts that are not from the video game so long as it's not the majority of the song, like a 12-22 second part that isnt from the video game I think could be used, but if you use something like that it has to be pretty small otherwise it's like a partial original song. Once again, if you're looking to remix something and possibly submit it to ocr, you have to do it yourself.

To create 8-bit versions, I suggest trying out a few different trackers/tools. First off would be FamiTracker which can be used to create NSF files. NSFs can be played on the original Nintendo, if you want... There's also Nanoloop, and Little Sound DJ. However, the latter two are for the Gameboy.

Of course, you can use other trackers and tools. However, the ones I linked to are "the real deal" when you want to make chiptunes. As in, those trackers are frequently used to make songs that run on the original hardware. I haven't used them myself, but I do know that FamiTracker is better than Nerd Tracker 2 (NT2 made NES compatible songs as well, but it was not user friendly, at all). There's also MML, but apparently it's a programming language, so I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

Hopefully those tools can be useful to you. Mouser X out.