OCR01579 - Final Fantasy VII "REAKTR.1"

As i listen to it right now as i am typing i am astounded. They arent kidding in the writeup. This is a very well done remix and while i am nowhere near as musically inclined as others this is going to get played often. It really gives the subwoofer a workout overall sounds magnificent. At 2:40 watch yourself you almost think you hear a bit of MGS mixed in. Heck now that i think about it this is like one of their VR training music tracks. A very well done remix and one that moves into my personal favorites. :) well done you two.

Oh and BOOYAH! FIRST POST! :D

Really nice work! I think that you made the 4/4 sound as natural as the original 6/8... to be honest, I had a little bit of a hesitation of how it would sound, just because there are so many duple-to-triple-meter changes that sound... I don't know... awkward? But it didn't! It was super convincing! You did a lot of really cool stuff with rhythm, especially in your percussion/drum loop stuff... very impressed!

It says your a newcomer, sure as hell doesn't sound like it... good luck! ;)

It took me a couple of listens to really like it. The mix does have a lot to offer which warrants multiple listens regardless. Switching out all of the different textures and the marcato strings are a really nice touch. Good beatz yo. Overally awesome song, the more I listen to it the more I like it. One thing if I could critique is that the intro is awesome and is a nice build up. I expected to keep on building, but after the intro there isn't another section to really up the energy level even higher. Although this is still alot of fun to listen to from both a listener and musician's standpoint.

After listening to it a couple times, the repetitiveness of the main part of the song gets a bit old, but the thing that saves it is the huge variation in instruments. I loved the different methods used in this track! I agree that it does sound a lot like Sephire's previous FF7 submission at parts, but I think this one definitely has more variety to it overall. I also really liked the subtle use of sound effects in this remix.

Very well done! Keep at it and you'll be blowing us all away with many mind-blowing tracks in no-time! :)

Hmmmmm. Can't say that this is really doing it for me. There seems to be way too much added variation to the original which isn't a bad thing all the time. See The endless search to understand what I mean. But my main grievance is that there is very little of the original left. I couldn’t hear much of it at all except for the beginning. But maybe that’s just my inexperienced ears listening. This one just doesn’t capture much of anything to me. It really feels like it’s just a bunch of sounds thrown together rather than a song. Sorry, but that’s my evaluation.

I like what I hear in terms of suspense at the beginning. It does drag slightly long, at least to me, in the later parts of the first minute. Right when the 1:34 section came in, that's when I got really into what was there. That hardcore beat only lasted fro a tiny bit though T.T The "missing" thing some people are talking about I think may have to do with the need of consistency of badass, hardcore drums. They seem to be introduced only, but never play a dominant place in the piece. However, that being said, what you've made here is amazing in complexity, especially in terms of stereo separation. Great stuff guys =)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice intro with an interesting choice of instruments.

Once the song really starts, it does indeed remind you of sephfire's last FF7 submission, Speed Limit, although it does not have the same level of energy.

Good breakdown at 2:34; again, nice instruments, lots of things going on in the background.

The part following could have used a little more power; it somehow lacks a real climax.

Good song, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the song has a lot of potential but it seemed to lack a balance throughout most of it. I'm pretty sure, though not 100%, that the problem is that there isn't enough involvement with the percusions, or at least a certain kind of them. I don't think there was any problem converting it from one time to the other though. I'm going to listen to it a few more times and I'm sure it'll grow on me. I just like there to be a form to the music rather than having it sound erratic and completely upredictable. That's not to say do what everyone esle does, just that when I listen, I like to be able to flow in my mind with the music instead of being pulled along chaotically, never knowing when I'll trip and fall.

• 8 months later...

Great intro build leading to the reverse snare into the main section. There are a ton of great sounds being used, from the 'computer blips' to that bass part early on. Percussion throughout is more on the subtle side of 'hardcore' but very densely layered. Super nice. The combination of organic and electronic is about perfect here, though i think having the percussion get a bit more 'in yo face' would have helped progression a bit.

Great work from 2 awesome mixers, I really enjoyed this one.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01579 - Final Fantasy VII "REAKTR.1"