New Instrumental Album

Malcos

Awesome! I'll definitely check this out. If it's anywhere near as good as your older albums, this should be a treat.

Edit: Yeah, this is some pretty slick stuff. So many good releases the past few months. "In The Dark", "Antigravity", and now this. Who's next?

Damn was this refreshing to my ears. Nice blending of different styles. Solid album I'll be listening to this one for awhile. Gotta agree the title track is the best and the rest of the songs really hold their own. Songs 2-4 are def my favs besides the title track. For some reason the intro to 'Beneath the cool exterior' felt like a zelda song, especially the piano.

Yay! Very nice timing... I was needing some new songs... Plus a Malcos album has (once again) inspired me back into a musical mindframe.

I'm really digging 'Skint for the Rest of the Month'. That powerful bass and the sweet strings mix really well, and its such a wonderful change when the piano solo comes in at 1:20. I'v already started trying to 'remix' this

'And You Will Never Change', 'Cognitive Dissonance Expired', and 'Beneath the Cool Exterior' definatly need a mention as well.

It's nice. I question some of the chords though on some of the tracks. The mix sounds nice and full. I think that Hoax would have sounded nice with some Rhoads on some part IMO. Madcrash I'd ad a top string line. Still sticatto but like an octave above the root on some parts but not all. I like the pumping limiter you put on "My day needs a soundtrack" (dont we all :) ) I like your piano lines in this track. I'm not sure about that cello line at 2:06. Think a nice distort guitar accent with another instrument might have been better imo.

Overall (listening to the others as I type), it's a decent album. If anything, I love how you mixed these. Curious to know your setup.

Be sure to check me out as well sir:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9734