OCR FG 5: Puzzle Fighter

Arek the Absolute

hm.... i live in southern cal, and yet i can't seem to connect to fragbox. any particular reason why? i can connect to all the other servers.

Fragbox seems to be down for some reason, at least for those of us in NorCal.

Just a heads up, the next tournament REGARDLESS OF THE WINNER will be "Garou: Mark of the Wolves".

This tournament was only made because hemo was placed as winner and Kamoh said that we should do Puzzle. Since the Emulation tournament decided to step in our "grounds", I am basically considering this tournament a part of the emu tourny. After this tourny is done, we are going back to fighting games only.

So ya, to whoever wins, sucks for you. Blaim Kamoh.

Just a heads up, the next tournament REGARDLESS OF THE WINNER will be "Garou: Mark of the Wolves".

This tournament was only made because hemo was placed as winner and Kamoh said that we should do Puzzle. Since the Emulation tournament decided to step in our "grounds", I am basically considering this tournament a part of the emu tourny. After this tourny is done, we are going back to fighting games only.

So ya, to whoever wins, sucks for you. Blaim Kamoh.

Please blame me, since I update the thread, the table, recruit the most, and encourage people to actually play.

And if someone OTHER than myself wins, I'm sorry.

I think next tournament will probably go back to the bracketed system. For this round I just got really pissed that nobody was playing their bracket round matches (and it was a recurring problem), but I think that with round deadlines we can come up with a compelling and quick bracket system. No playoffs should last more than a week (from quarterfinals to championship), so do be aware of that.

I beat CultureKoi 3-1, earning a berth in the final, and now wait for the other finalist.

The final will be either the same format, or myself and the other player will decide on a longer match if we'd like. Since the outcome really doesn't matter, it could be as long as we want, and I'm going to work it out with my opponent.

Cool article. The man speaks the truth.

Very much so. All of his stuff is really an interesting take on game design - and I'm not just talking about videogames. For myself, a person who creates sports and games for fun, and hopefully for a living someday, I take a lot of his work as a rulebook...

Anyways, all this puzzling has inspired me to play tetris again - I'm going to pressure the winner of EMU to select tetris cause it'd undoubtedly get numbers :)