OCR00734 - Crystalis "House Leaves"

orkybash

Crystalis 'House Leaves'

I must say that the intro had me very worried, but then at 0:17 it breaks out into some nice house groovage and I realized I had nothing to worry about. Few of the elements (save for maybe the drums) seem really cookie-cutter here. I especially like the trills that djp mentioned in his write-up - they really do add interest to the track. Overall, a job well done.

Upon listening to this strange melody, i was asking myself if i had fallen on something of a kindergardener's song, but it quickly changed into a very well rythmed house song. The sound is medicore-high quality, and the song isnt all too loopy.

A very interesting mix with a very risky intro, but turning into something decently mixed. This song has a good faithfull sound, and is a must download to house fans.

I heard the proto of this mix a while back, and I thought it was pretty damn good. This one's better... However, if you heard the first version and you've got a really good ear (or perfect pitch) don't download this... It'll bug you no end (like me... wtf have you done to this song, man? My ears are going BEZERK!).

In fact, it's making me sick just listening to it... The melody's been changed too much. :x I'm going to have to listen to the proto for ages now.

Yay, more Crystalis. I heard this before, and I don't know where I put the old version, but somehow without reference I can just tell this version is better. I'm not really into house stuff in general, but I think this is still pretty good. Hell, it's Crystalis. But just not what I would've pictured, which can be a good thing.

My favorite part was at about 3:13 where it was just bass, and the drums come knockin in. Although I think it should've wound down a bit sooner after that than it did.

I had the game cart back then. Despites the fact that some notes are not well pitched compared to the original version (that's a lil deceiving I must admit), it's a nice ReMix. Nice rythm. The solo 2:44-3:14 is good to hear. A good one.

- CHOQ SOUL (I like the Last Tower song and the Ocean song :) )

I thought the remix was great! It reminds me of the Jazz Jackrabbit bonus stage music and some Sonic Adventure 1 music i've heard. Pretty good to kick back and relax to. I heard a 45 second mod of this song (from the game), and now that sucks compared to this. I've never played the game, but now I want to! If i make music, and submit it to OCR, it'll be like this. COOL COOL REMIX NEOSTORMER.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback guys!

Just thought i'd drop in to give a little info in case anyone cares :)

This entire track was composed using Fruity Loops 3.5. It was the first track I ever composed with FL. All the samples/instruments you here are the ones that came with FL. It actually took me quite a few months to complete this track and it mainly had to do with re-engineering the way the track sounded.

Im glad everyone liked it. I'm a big House fan, and I thought it would suit this tune well. It's not an easy tune to remix btw, I had to rearrange it a few times, and sorry to those who tested the first versions who liked that other part I took out. I actually was so pissed with it, i deleted the original mp3. :D

I original was going to do a dance remix, sort of like mid 90s dance style, but i wanted vocals for that, which i do not have. hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just wanted to say nice job! i was a big fan of crystalis back in the day, so i was excited to see it listed.

i've no musical talent, so i can't really comment from a technical perspective, but i felt that your remix was a catchy, lighthearted interpretation of the original track. perhaps you could call it pop-techno? anyway, it's a fun track. i downloaded it the other day and can't stop listening to it!

thanks, and keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a beautiful remix of the Crystalis game music. It's airy, playful, light in sound, and stays very true to the orginial sound of the game. I read about some of notes weren't the same pitch as the original, but the theme is very recognizeable, and the pitch descrepencies doesn't bother me at all.

The sound quality of the instruments are extremely top-notch and very clear--easily distinguishable from one another. It brought back so many memories of all the hours i spent killing those monsters to save up enough money for the next best sword and armor.

I'm not a house music fan, and frankly i'd at odds at considering this track as "house" music. (perhaps i just had too much of my share of cheezy house music :D )

In any case. it's very professional sounding and for what it's worth, I highly recommend grabbing this. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

itss crazy how neostorm made this entire song using the default FL songs

this sounds alott like something you'ld hear from that gunbound game haha but its awesome

i love the whole house feel and the percussion is just sweet

i think the solo parts were greatt! and especially that bass solo

i lloved the original crystalis music and you did a great job recreating it, neostorm :wink:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was going through chiptunes this morning looking for some cool songs to potentially remix myself, and I was really impressed by a lot of the tracks in Crystalis so I decided to check out what remixes others have done on the game, and I have to say this mix is pretty frickin awesome.

I love how the melody is swung a bit, and the production is nice and clear. The beat is housey without being on autopilot, and he filtered percussion is a nice subtle touch. The piano solo is fantastic; tasteful and just a tiny bit funkified. The switched up B section is also really well done. Great arranging on this track.

I am actually horrified that I have missed out on this remix for so many years. It was released in 2002; that means I could have had it play at my wedding. ;_;

Well, I'm not so sure I'd have this at my actual wedding, but definitely at the reception. Cool enough on it's own to have my relatives dance to it, but kicked up a notch with 8bit awesome for me and my friends.

BAM

bam.jpg

Both Emeril and I strongly recommend this outstanding track.

• 4 months later...
My friend has this playing at his wedding as he and his bride left. Simply amazing.

That gave me goosebumps. *The good kind*

Cool enough on it's own to have my relatives dance to it, but kicked up a notch with 8bit awesome for me and my friends.

I never imagined anyone dancing to it except me! lol!!

Thank you guys for making my day today. I dont know what else to say other than I feel really inspired.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00734 - Crystalis "House Leaves"