Starcraft 2

Shadow Wolf

What I'm curious to know now is whether any of StarCraft Ghost has been grafted into this game. Like, is Nova's story part of the Terran Campaign? I would actually be sort of surprised if they didn't have her in here somewhere, because StarCraft Ghost spent a LONG time in development before they cancelled it, and I doubt they just scrapped everything.

I think it's really, really likely that Nova will be a large part of Starcraft 2's plot. Consider this: Thrall was the main character of Warcraft Adventures, which met the same fate as Starcraft Ghost... and of course, Thrall was one of the main characters in Warcraft 3.

So I, too, would be surprised if Hot Future Girl doesn't show up in Starcraft 2.

I must say I am really excited about the game. Everything Blizzard announced just has me jumping with excitement and anticipation. However, I do hope the game comes out sooner than later. I wishing by late 2008 or early 2009. I know it is probably unrealistic but I can wish can't I.

I wonder how crazy the Koreans are going over the news. They must be really really excited or could care less since they play the original so much still.

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that I waited 8 years and they don't even have a new race. I suppose it's hard enough to balance 3 as it is, but I was fully expecting to be able to play the Xel'Naga, or perhaps even the Hybrids.

All they said was that it did feature the Zerg, Terrans, and Protoss--not that it didn't feature any new races.

Given the screenies my bet is 6-8 months. This thing is going to be in beta come the fall and ready for christmas. I think they are already well into it and what we have been shown is just a smokescreen to get hype and preorders up. Also ginning up intrest in the original which was just recently updated again. This could well be the biggest game of the year. CNC3 was not quite what everyone was hoping for... at least by my glance of the landscape. This could well trump CNC3. What a shocker. People have been dying for this game to come out. Now...here is the question no one is asking

Where is Kerrigan in all of this?

IF we take the previous storyline into account (avoiding books) Protoss come out on top in round 1 zerg come out on top in round 2 Terran's may well come out on top in round 3. Where then does this leave the fate of the queen of blades?

To be honest, I'm quite ready for the Terrans to kick some serious ass.

Terrans are so much the opposite of the perfect species that those whatcha-ma-callit have been trying to do all this time with the Protoss, then the Zerg, and then finally the Xel'naga. It's only fitting that a bunch of human marines come in and blow things up into small chunks.

The cinematic trailer... on http://www.starcraft2.com/ is... perfect.

I can't wait for them to release some information on the changes made to the Terrans. They've always been my race of choice. Plus they just have so much more personality than the 'Toss or Zerg.

Also I think I'm gonna reinstall SC now.

According to Pardo, the game is "very far along," and that the game is already playable in multiplayer with all three factions.

The panel also confirmed that the sequel will have only the three factions of the Protoss, Terrans, and Zerg; there will be no fourth faction.

So that clears that up!

I really don't care much for sci-fi stuff, so this doesn't benefit me at all :\ Oh well.

Says the guy with a Metroid sig... =/

I played SC for about an hour and got bored. I didn't see the attraction, so shoot me. The only reason I ever really played WC3 was for Dota.

Wake me when there's a Pikmin 3 kthx.

Says the guy with a Metroid sig... =/

I played SC for about an hour and got bored. I didn't see the attraction, so shoot me. The only reason I ever really played WC3 was for Dota.

Wake me when there's a Pikmin 3 kthx.

Ok, let me reword then.

I don't care for Starcraft, so this doesn't benefit me at all.

What I'm curious to know now is whether any of StarCraft Ghost has been grafted into this game. Like, is Nova's story part of the Terran Campaign? I would actually be sort of surprised if they didn't have her in here somewhere, because StarCraft Ghost spent a LONG time in development before they cancelled it, and I doubt they just scrapped everything.

Eh, they didn't scrap it ALL, 'cause there was a trilogy of books based around Nova. Which I never got around to picking up, surprisingly. :( I'll have to find those now. XD

AND: My two cents is still "lay off the heroes, pl0x".

We aren't going to try to convince you otherwise... so why insert your opinion into the thread?

Phew... watching the cinematic movie for the 100th time. I wish it were longer! It's so ridiculously good I wish it were a movie...

Speculation is a funny thing(mostly that it is pointless and futile), but combining two observations... any footage of gameplay looks rather much just like the static versions of Starcraft in 3d form, especially on the larger ships. However, the FAQ says that they are using Havoc physics and there are a few scenes where the movements are particularly fluid(and look awesome because of it.)

I hope either it will be more fluid in action than it appeared to me, or I hope that there won't be a believability disconnect where all the larger vehicles and aircraft simply hover very static like.

We aren't going to try to convince you otherwise... so why insert your opinion into the thread?

Because just as people are able to say how much they love the series, others are able to say the opposite. Be it a thread that's intended to be pro or con about a given subject, both sides are allowed to state their views (assuming it's not "You're an asshole if you like/don't like it"-type stuff... that'll probably get you in hot water :wink:).